Sunday April 21st Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fat guy is interested now. All that talk of 30 - 40 miles made me tired.

If I don't have baseball games, I'm in .... checked schedule game at 8AM

Have fun! I will!

how am I supposed to give you your case of beer I owe you if you don't come to rides?

idea: let's do a Critical Mass ride some Friday this summer in New Haven. Or do you have baseball on Friday nights too?

:!: If you switch to football, you could ride your bike with us during the summer! :mrgreen:

ZygoteLittle said:
How about a 10-mile max – this’ll allow us to ride for some time at a leisurely pace while allowing enough distance for exploration. At the recent Northhampton Ride we rode for about 8-miles and had a great time!

Sounds good to me! :D Take the old cruisers for a slow cruise! :mrgreen:

Now...what do I bring, Felt El Guapo or Hot Rod Deluxe? :p

Either works, Nick!

I’ll be riding an ’07 BFK used once a year for the Summer Streets NYC ride.

It’ll be cool to see some of our “winter projects” on the trail for this event.

We have the NERRB to ride!!!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
how am I supposed to give you your case of beer I owe you if you don't come to rides?

idea: let's do a Critical Mass ride some Friday this summer in New Haven. Or do you have baseball on Friday nights too?

If I come you can give the beer to me. I'll hold on to it for as long as it lasts.

Danimal said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

If I come you can give the beer to me. I'll hold on to it for as long as it lasts.

no.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Danimal said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

no.

I snorted.

The baseball schedules are not complete yet. the AAU Schedule is up but has been changing a lot. the dates are all over, not just a particular day. The Little League schedule is not decided yet at all. It will stick to certain days.

I am all in for baseball this year for Boy. It's his last in LL and he's on the Cooperstown team to boot. I am assistant coach for the LL team and just fundfaiser for Cooperstown. the real time eater is the AAU team. I am running the team and assitant coach. Getting the uniforms and getting the parents to pay is killing me.

So long story short, rides are not out of the question. Just this one. :cry:

I have just been informed by "the boss" that I will be on a buying trip in NYC on the 21st. Sorry gents, I'll be a no-show.

Yo Skipo I feel for you brother!! HA Ha Did the Travel ball last year going to NYC and points south every weekend and doing LL and playing on the Cooperstown team. Make the most of it as it is the best year of baseball kids will ever experience. They are only 12 once!

Now as for me you guys are killing me! A ride in my own back yard and I won't be here! I will be down in Long Island in the Hamptons for a Baseball Invitational for my son! Kind of a big deal as he will get to play with his friends from last year. He is a pitcher, so he gets calls from lots of teams looking to "rent a player" for the weekend to play in tournaments. Got all kinds of exposure from last year and now they are payingfor him to come play with them. Pretty good deal! All I gotta do is drive!

Sadly for bike rides on the weekends it looks kind of grim for me, but I will keep my eye out on the Events page here and if something gets planned - especially the beginning of summer NoHo ride I will have to make my schedule available so I can participate.

There is tons of parking behind Plan B so don't worry, park anywhere.

Have fun!

Joe

WOW Ian, your wife is taking you to NYC to buy bikes! You really married a great woman! Where did you find her? I want one too! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I have just been informed by "the boss" that I will be on a buying trip in NYC on the 21st. Sorry gents, I'll be a no-show.

Geez,Joe ,your son's a pro with appearance money. Great.
Okay Rats' sounds like founding fathers are out but I still got a few riders and Jim "NEMBM"
has expressed interest and calling out others. Bring out friends for a ride :?

Aw man, Jim is going? Haven't seen him in years. Hope my NYC trip gets postponed.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Aw man, Jim is going? Haven't seen him in years. Hope my NYC trip gets postponed.

Hope you can come, Ian!

That's cool Jim is going :wink: Now I'm thinking of bringing my restored '65 Sting-Ray that Jim gave me the frame for :mrgreen:

Those of us that can’t come on this ride have their heads bolted on right – Family First, but you will be missed, although I believe you guys will be there with us in spirit as we ride together.

yeshoney said:
WOW Ian, your wife is taking you to NYC to buy bikes! You really married a great woman! Where did you find her? I want one too! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Guess I’m one of the fortunate few to have married one of those kinds of woman too!!! :mrgreen:

Not bikes, jewelry and other accessories for her salon. But I don't mind. I love being in NYC, and the wholesale district is fun.

If we postpone I'll ride.

8) – have fun in NYC, Ian; we’ll be thinking of you.

Well, we have less than two weeks to go; any thoughts on what rides you’re going bring?

>BUMP<

The 7-speed BFK will be readied for the ride some time this weekend.

Looking forward to riding will all of you on Sunday next!

Back