SUN SPIDER AT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Forum member lateboy72 (Eric) is local and had been trying to find a trade for his Spider on the site over the past 2-3 weeks. I sold my Mongoose Beast to a cool guy over in Fort Worth a few weeks ago and really had no intentions of buying another Fat Bike (famous last words). When I saw Eric post his Spider on the forum and I asked what he was wanting for trade. He and I went back and forth MANY :lol: TIMES and finally this weekend we ended up working out a deal we both liked. He got a nice wheel set and some cash and I ended up with the Spider. While the Beast is a nice bike for the $199 price, the Spider is priced the way it is for a good reason. The overall build and material quality is MUCH NICER which you would expect for a bike store bike. Sun did a great job with all of the details on this bike. The aluminum hydroformed frame is nice and the Sturmey Archer 2 speed kickback hub helps quite a bit. The frame is larger and more comfortable for someone 5'9" and taller. As far as the ride goes, they are pretty similar...rides over things easily and slowly. Trying to ride one of these at any rate of higher speed will give your cardio system and legs a major workout. All I need is to live by the beach. :lol:

So after a little magical Texas water...

31ml.jpg

s2vo.jpg

zrnj.jpg

i0ou.jpg

r1pa.jpg

z71m.jpg

mf3t.jpg

ia44.jpg

rmn0.jpg

vdmt.jpg

Just friendly reminder,Sun has had a recall on these bikes. They have been having problems with the back sprocket breaking teeth off when using the coaster brake.

Supposedly the original owner took it in for the recall and they replaced all of the guts in the rear hub.

Back