Stretch frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was curious to find out where you get your stretch frames from? Thanks!

So you bend your own tubes and weld them? That's awesome! I'm not handy like that I would have to buy a prebuilt frame.

Gumbyack said:
So you bend your own tubes and weld them? That's awesome! I'm not handy like that I would have to buy a prebuilt frame.

Yeah, I do that, but I started out by buying frames, and went from there. The generic Dyno-style limo frames are not that expensive, and they're a good platform to try to build from.

Could you lead me in the right direction as to where I could get a Dyno Frame? I would appreciate it. Thanks for your info

The Dyno brand stopped being manufactured.So you are looking for used in places like ebay or craigslist. The generic are also on ebay new.A used Kustom Kruiser Stretch can cost a lot less than a frame up build. I bought mine from a member here listed in " For Sale ".

I got this one on Craigslist for $125. They pop up quite a bit out here in the west. Just search for stretch cruiser. This one is a 2005 American Flyer.

Before:

af_01.jpg

After:

af_056.jpg

That's a nice bike! Unfortunately here in Michigan they're not as common as in the west. There is one place here but it's $300 for the frame. They are really nice frames though. I'm just looking for something around the price you mentioned lol. Thanks for your help!

Gumbyack said:
That's a nice bike! Unfortunately here in Michigan they're not as common as in the west. There is one place here but it's $300 for the frame. They are really nice frames though. I'm just looking for something around the price you mentioned lol. Thanks for your help!

Well....for $300, you're buying an American made frame, made one at a time by hand with love and passion. You'll have something not everyone has and is a little bit special. Plus, you can be supporting the Michigan economy. It's just not some China man's job to knock out 100 frames a day.

Just sayin...
:wink:

goCRUISERgo said:
Gumbyack said:

Well....for $300, you're buying an American made frame, made one at a time by hand with love and passion. You'll have something not everyone has and is a little bit special. Plus, you can be supporting the Michigan economy. It's just not some China man's job to knock out 100 frames a day.

Just sayin...
:wink:

And they are nice looking frames. Saw someone riding one over the weekend.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's true...I never thought of it that way. I guess I'll be saving up for a gocruisergo frame. Do you guys have a payment plan for your frames lol.

Theres quite a few of our frames out in San Diego.....seems like 80% of the stuff we ship ends up in California. Thanks for the kind words.

We used to take a $100 deposit on frames but people would just vanish leaving us holding the money. I mean, gone....couldn't get a hold of them. (This has happened at least 3 times) So, we dont take deposits anymore.

My first was built up from a frame my lbs got me from a place called F&R distributors...

Then I picked up a Dyno Roadster which became long low and black...

Frankenbike was built from a cruiser and a mountain bike and recently sold...

Locomotive Breath I built up from 2 cruiser frames and some extra tubes...

These two I picked up on Craig's List for $175 for the pair.The pics were taken after a good cleaning...

oh, and the Micargi, recently redone...

My garage has become the House of Stretch!

Thanks, it's actually a knockoff of the famous Basman. Cost almost $100 to UPS to get one shipped to the East Coast, but it was worth it. 8)

Latest posts

Back