Stretch-a-roni- First ride pic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Uncle Stretch is one those guys that makes this board great. Twice he as sent me some small parts for a seat and a hub. I thought I would pay him back with the hairpin saddle for the 1890's build. Then he steps it up and sends me this frame with a few other parts. I have most the parts to finish the build.

The Uncle Stretch pile. Tubes used as packing material
CIMG3124.jpg

My pile. 2spd kickback hub w/chrome rims. Felt Quick Brick whitewalls. and other parts.
CIMG3125.jpg

Re: Stretch-a-roni- Thanks Uncle Stretch!!!

Ok Clancy It only took me three days to build it .....I was hoping to see some riding pictures by Wednesday...Thursday at the latest :roll:

Friday - Got the box and left for camping.
Sunday- Returned from camping and checked out the cool contents.
Monday- Cleaned the garage and assembled parts.

I should have it mostly built up tonight. Not sure about the bars, I might need some that come back a little farther.

I'm thinking yes. I used those ones on this build and they were pretty long. I have faith you will get it going. I had the chain packed and it didnt get into the box ...sorry

COOL! I love the frame, simple and very clean... Looking forward to seeing this one done... Great selection of parts! :D

Thanks for the comments. We are truly blessed to have Uncle Stretch cutting up these Schwinns for a higher purpose.

This is where I go last night. Need to get the chain(s) and a new crank as the one I had was bent.
0908091717.jpg

Did not get anything done tonight as the lake was calling my name. No pics but the waterskiing was AWESOME. No one was up there.
9318_1178207689630_1061260061_30603733_4974772_n.jpg

Re: Stretch-a-roni- Mocked up pic.

Cool! Looks awesome!

...And I guess it hasn't cooled off too much in ID yet, I could definitely not waterski in a lake up here any longer. :shock:

It was 38 degrees the other night and high of 75. We go right afterwork before the cool down starts. That "lake" is actually a reservoir. Starting Labor Day, the level drops 1.5 feet a day.

Uncle Stretch said:
Dude a couple grips and a couple chains and you will be in business :D :D :D :D :D

Volunteered at the Boise Bike Project and scored the 2 chains needed to create the long one. I rode it to work today. Pics later. The ride is nice but I need to find some longer bars ( I have an idea).

Not much chang except the chain is on. Rides nice. Need to fine tune as I put a bent pedal on it. :?
0910091653.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

Those bent pedals are so easy to fix. Run them around to the high spot and Whack them lightly downward with a rubber hammer and you would be surprised at how easy it is to straighten them out. :wink: At least you got to use up a few of your extra parts. The whitewalls look good.

Thanks for the comments.

Put the Electra handlebars on that have the crossbar. They have the right amount of pullback. I rode to kids soccer then down to the Boise Bike Project today. Part of the way I rode on the Greenbelt along the Boise RIver.

0912091741a.jpg

0912091742.jpg

The most comfy bike I own with a coaster brake. Once again a big thanks to Paul(Uncle Stretch) for this sweet frame. Everybody at the Bike project thought is was cool.

Back