Strange/cool frame...but what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Carp! I love it. and I am not really into 26" bikes. but thats cool!

00v0v_acstgv5ZQjC_600x450.jpg

Can't find anything about Maschek, but I have seen that frame style here on RRB before. I think Tanksalot had something along those lines.

AMF seems like a likely fit with the funky dropouts. I do think I've seen something similar but its been a long time and the details are fuzzy.

Maschek is a city is Austria, so that's what came to mind first, as many Sears and JC Higgins were made there in Austria, by Puch I think. The forks and handlebar stem and bars look European, but the frame looks like AMF made in the late 60's, except the fenders aren't peaked, and the seat stay bridge is curved, so those are probably the right fenders for it. Every 60's AMF I've seen has peaked fenders. The late 60's is when the shorty fender on the rear would have been made too. There's no BMI sticker, so it may not be early 70's. The rear rim isn't the drop center style AMF used. The chain guard looks like it was blue or green, and there's an extra hole on the dropout where it's attached, so a hole was probably drilled to put it on.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember who had one of those frames. I know I have seen one here within the past 6-8 months. I think it was green.

rear drops are similar to my wife's super 10 by amf but the frame style i seem to recall from amf luxury liner but the drops don't quite match.
it's a cool frame no matter
Sean

FireArrow1.jpg

Is this anyone on here's bike? Been seeing this on craigs for a bit now...wishing price would go down.

Latest posts

Back