Stopped at my LBS and took some pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I stopped at my LBS to pick up the forks I dropped off to have the threads tapped down farther. This time I had my camera. They have many used bikes for sale. Here are the three I would have bought if I had the money and room.
love this frame and chain guard
DSC02804.jpg

wasn't someone looking for an old Raleigh?
DSC02805.jpg

This 20" Raliegh is awesome!!
DSC02806.jpg

The guy that helps me out at the shop had his Westfield Columbia parked outside. I almost mounted it.
DSC02807.jpg

hahaha devils gear :D yes sir, New Havens oldest bike shop. Great shop, great people..love that place and seeing im only a minute or two away from there I always drive by and check out there recycled bikes up front.

What are the average prices on the used bikes? Cheap, so-so, or too high?..I would consider driving up there to make a purchase.

^^^^ I think they are so-so prices. They do know what they have though. For instance (and this is the only price I recall) the little Raleigh is listed at $225. But if you want good transportation I'm sure there would be something for everybody. I have to stop there again tomorrow I'll check the prices on the other two I took photos of.

Wow, lucky your LBS let you take pictures. I stopped at a Schwinn shop in ALPENA, MICHIGAN (yes I'm calling you out) while I was up there for a couple weeks. They had a bunch of old Schwinn stuff on the walls, bikes and NOS parts and such, as this was a Schwinn shop in the 60's and 70's. I asked the lady at the desk if she minded if I took some pictures cause it was a cool shop, and I explained that I liked to collect old Schwinns. She gave me some snotty answer "No you can't in here, you'd have to talk to the owner, and he's pretty busy right now"
Okaaay..... So I left without buying anything.

sensor said:
hmmmmmm........i think i have some from when i went to college(cyclery that is :wink: )
tankandcollege011.jpg

tankandcollege015.jpg

tankandcollege006.jpg

tankandcollege005.jpg

tankandcollege003.jpg

tankandcollege009.jpg

tankandcollege007.jpg

tankandcollege008.jpg

if youre ever in sact. and have time stop in and check em out!
+++++++1 to that, you can definetly spend some time just taking it all in

GodHatesCleveland said:
Nice store! Does anyone know what bike this is:
that should be an iver johnson(90% sure about that...ill look at the badge next time im down)
Hooch said:
speaking of that what happened to karfer?
hes still around hes just been busy with life and cars(like we all dont know how that goes)....

Back