STOLEN IN WOODLAND CA - 1960 SCHWINN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you see it at a swap, garage sale, in the bushes, at the Police station.......2 speed manual Bendix, custom "2 speed" decal,bow pedals, Blue Corvette seat w/ crash rail......If you come across parts or whole bike. I know it is a long shot. Circumstances of theft suggest it was not something they were looking for, just took because the bike was there.

American601.jpg

i'm up the road about 2hrs, i got this area ! i'll keep an eye out :wink:

Ralph

I would keep checking all craigslist bicycle ads for bikes, parts, etc., for any city within 500 miles! They probably don't even know what they have. Hope you find them & get it back!

shesh! im glad im north of you guys since it looks like theres a ton of thefts around the sact. area recently(seems to be getting alot worse over the past few years :x ).
im not to far from you and will keep an eye out! could you post a picture of the 2 speed sticker(you said it was custom so thatll help as well)? hope you find the scumbag or at least get your bike back!

Re: Happy Ending

So I'm driving down California Street on my way back from my morning Subway breakfast.Its just after 7am and my bike pulls across the road in front of me. A spun heavy girl w/ backpack is riding it. I gave her an out....."Hi, that's my bike, I bet you found it". She had no problem getting off of it and walking on down the street. Apparently she had gotten some cash to trade out rear fender, front S-7 and sold spring from front of seat. Miracle

Good!

But still go afterthe thief. She knows who stole it? Maybe some others can get their bikes back too.

I am now thinking she wrecked it resulting in the trashed fender. The front S-7 maybe swapped because of a flat. I'm looking for a wheel now. Pretty crazy how some stuff just works out.

Wildcat said:
Good!

But still go afterthe thief. She knows who stole it? Maybe some others can get their bikes back too.

This would result in a dead end. In certain neighborhoods bicycles are treated like community property, if you see it by the sidewalk you hop on and ride and eventually leave it somewhere on the same street. Nobody claims ownership to the bike or asks where it came from, they are just glad to not have to walk to the store and back that day.

I confronted a guy a bike stolen from one of the kids at my church. He had a passenger riding on the rear BMX pegs, as soon as I said something she stepped off and kept walking like no big deal. When I asked where he got the bike he said the street name and that I could have it back if I followed him back there... not quite my territory, so I let him ride, but told the kid who owned it and he got it back through other channels.

The majority of the time just getting the bike back is huge, you're probably not going to break up some big bike theft ring or get any sort of compensation for time, parts, etc... If you get the chance, get the bike, ask no questions, and get on your way.

Sounds like maybe it was a bike they passed around, not worried at all about getting in trouble. If a lock was cut to get it, then I would say they steal bikes on a regular basis, but if it was just grabbed while parked, it was someone who is apt to grab anything not tied down. Did the girl steal it, or say she found it? They had to repair it somewhere and someone had to know how to change out the front wheel. I'll bet your parts are laying in their parts pile.

I'm about 99 percent sure she took it but no way I can prove it. This was a crime of convenience. They broke into bathroom to freshen up and most likely shoot up (candle wax on floor and a stolen ear ring left behind). The bikes just happened to be there. Thank you for everyone's response. Being a "frankenbike" it was easy to spot.....a miracle for sure....I nearly crashed into her. Everyone have a great weekend. It's 100 degrees in the valley, but I took a victory lap once I fixed some stuff!

Back