STOLEN Boney Finger in Pacific Beach CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may be familiar with my Boney Finger as I have tons of pics posted in the Electra Bikes gallery; it had a lot of customization, most notably, the Bendix jockey shifter. Unfortunately someone cut the lock and stole it when I was visiting Pacific Beach (San Diego) in July. If any SoCal members see it, whoever riding it is a thief, or bought it from a thief.

5793726765_c3f9d3103b.jpg

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23228900@N ... 77/detail/

I look for it every time I am in the Beach areas. Such a good looking bike, it stands out in a crowd!

tough break. hope you get it back.

i've had too many bikes stolen to feel sorry for a bike thief, so if you catch him you have my permission to take him out back and beat him with a frozen carp :x

Thats too bad, such a nice bike. If you dont mind sharing where did you last leave your bike in pb and what kind of lock did you have on it so that it doesn't happen to someone else. I as well will keep an eye out for it too, good luck.

If there is one thing in the world I hate most of all, it's a bicycle thief! I do hope you get it back.... BUT if you don't, I hope whoever stole it get run over by a bus or something equally unpleasant!

By the way... there is a great old movie from 1948 about a guy who got his bike stolen.... named "The Bicycle Thief". If you get a chance, it's worth watching.

It was locked up next to Ralph's grocery store in PB, using a cheapo cable lock that belonged to my friend. I'm buying a GOOD lock for the future.

If there are any sightings, the last four of the serial number is 8090. My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 928 276 1567. Thanks for looking out!

I second the idea of beating him with frozen crap!

That sad thing is...it's probably been spray bombed by now. :cry:

Hopefully the thieves were REEEALLY dumb like they usually are and it will be found soon...and unpainted.

I agree, I think it has probably been painted. It still has some distinctive features that should make it stand out no matter what color it now is, and I would take it back, no matter how molested.

Oh man that sucks about ur boney finger. I have one myself and the thought of losing it gives me goosebumps. I hope u find it soon. I've checked CL for u there's one on there but I dnt think its yours. Good luck finding it buddy.

dude, I am sorry to hear that. Why did you just post it up now? I would have definitely kept an eye out on craigslist since I check it at least once a day.

I have been asked by family and friends what the best way to keep a bike from being stolen and I tell them that all my bikes have always been in my sight wherever I go out or else I wont leave them.

To tell you the truth I have rolled up to grocery stores or any store where I don't have a view of my bike and parked my bike inside the store and have greeted the workers and asked i it was okay if I leave it there, I have not ever been told to take it outside and they now know who owns it so no one else will take it.

Ill start looking today on CL and see if I find something.

By the way,take your phone number down or type the numbers out, you may get spammers or scammers contacting you if they get your number.

Edit: long shot, but here is one. People can add and remove things to make it look different.: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bi ... 93088.html

Nah, that one's not mine, I saw it on eBay as well, but thanks though. It took me a while to post anything here about it because I couldn't access the site, I misplaced my password. Hope for finding the bike is fading, but there are good people out there, so you never know, right?

Boooo! I hope you get your bicycle back, at the very least. If I lived in the area, I would keep an eye out for you.

Latest posts

Back