Stingray...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While runnin around today I stopped in the LBS to pick up a bikebox to ship some parts and my friend happened to be working. He has a recording studio that my band recorded at in the past. Well he knows Im into bikes and asked if I would be interested in "an apple krate...wait no, a stingray, red". I asked how much and what year and he said 20 bucks and he thinks it a '71, red. I was gonna get it tonight but he was busy so tomorrow...CAN'T WAIT!!! will post pics!

heheh, i can imagine tryin not to act so excited bout it. definately take some pics for us.

i went to the LBS today too lookin for some parts for my 66' walked away with a grape repop instead.

Got It!!! kinda rough. seat is sweet! Bars and neck are dated '71. Michigan bike. partially repainted, no badge. Tires hold air and it rides!! The guy also had a Kuwahara(?) bmx that was VERY clean...
100_1290.jpg

100_1292.jpg

100_1293.jpg
[/img]

Well....I think you did good for $20.

The cool part about this bike is that you can do just about anything to it and not feel guilty.

Looks like good rat rod material. :mrgreen:

well kev. I already have the rat krate so for now just a rat-ray. I have a set of black forks that are slightly less bent :x and a black chainguard that I might throw on...rear rim has a bent spot and the spokes are way too rusty to try to adjust. Kinda eyeing up those red Tuff II's on the scrambler :idea: :idea:

like ive said before, my LBS has "discounted" bikes (scratched and dinged new stuff), still worth the price hes askin tho IMO, heres the one i bought, im just wonderin if the stem/bars came off the stingray scooters or maybe the 26" stingray spoiler, not the ones in the stock schwinn pic anywho, anybody seen em before ?

100_3714.jpg

100_3715.jpg

100_3716.jpg

Ive got a 26inch yellow band kick back. It doesn't switch gears though. Its on my good bike, so I dont think Im gonna sell it. Its a possibility that you guys saw it on the bike when I had it on ebay. The bike was red with a 2006 schwinn cruiser seat on it (its fun being friends with your local shop owner), and the auction said Schwinn Corvette or jaguar cloned bicycle. I had the reserve at $200 (yes,yes, I know thats high for a clone.)
But I had more than that in it and I also had a really steap police fine to pay (lets just say that it took a cop in a new Cobalt 5 blocks to catch me, and thats after I slowed down, He wasn't the happiest person I've ever met. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back