Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres my buddies he jsut bought. we put a 20" on the front and dropped the seat and angled the handlebars, its fun to ride, im probably gone get one soon,
bicycles023.jpg

bicycles025.jpg

I wanted to do my black one like a BMX conversion I was originally going to strip off the paint and put a fake tank in the frame but now that i got the thinkg i really like the black paint. so I am leaning more towards a hot rodded bike.
If you guys cant find the bikes either ask a manager or if oyu have a garden center try finding the entrance to it inside and they keep a bunch of stuff in there and thats where they were keeping the schwinns at my store.

chastin said:
heres my buddies he jsut bought. we put a 20" on the front and dropped the seat and angled the handlebars, its fun to ride, im probably gone get one soon,
bicycles023.jpg

bicycles025.jpg

Isnt the angle on the seat a bit hard on the "boys"? :shock:

It looks way better with the twenty inch on the front. I guess I know what I'm going to do with the 20 inch S7s I have.. lol

If anybody is still wanting one of these, my local store still has 4 black and 1 blue in the box, but they are still at $79.00. I can pick one up and ship at whatever UPS ground freight would cost me. Let me know, John.

put my walmart special together today and took it for it's fist ride down the dirt road. the bike rides really good man, no complaints.

Took mine out on the icy road for a few skid slides and stuff. Feels great. The rear slick proves for some great burnouts.

I rode mine around INSIDE the house!!! Moved some furniture around and WHOOOOOHOOO!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_1575.jpg

....the clothes are another story for another day!! :roll: :roll:(Smirnoff was involved :wink: )

I got mine today! It was 59 bucks and they had a whole pallet in the greenhouse. I had my pick of colors and I chose green. I've got enough black bikes and I thought a green would be different. I'm thinking of a giant sissy bar and taller apes...and of course the 20 inch front wheel.

jeff

Still have about 10 of them assembled out in the Garden Center of our Wal-Mart.

They are also still holding steady at $66.00.

I also noticed that the screws and nuts were already starting to rust on them. :shock:

Note to self....don't store cheap Chinese bikes outdoors, even under a covered Garden Center.

(imagine crappy yoda impression) patient be and drop in price will they...well i cant promise anything. Why not ask the manager stright like "hey are these going to be clearanced soon?" they only have a certain budget to clearance crap and those are probably on the back burner. or take a gamble that they will clearance soon and buy them now then get some cash back when they go on sale!

Rat Rod said:
Still have about 10 of them assembled out in the Garden Center of our Wal-Mart.

They are also still holding steady at $66.00.

I also noticed that the screws and nuts were already starting to rust on them. :shock:

Note to self....don't store cheap Chinese bikes outdoors, even under a covered Garden Center.
If they go under $50 here I'll have to consider it, and if I do buy it I'll make sure to rustproof it.

My store still has the 5 in the box and 1 on display. The mgr said he had no intention of clearance pricing yet, thought they might do well this early spring.

Rat Rod said:

Unless you want to 'age' it and make it look old real fast.. :D

The local store here in town did not have ANY left and they had 40 or 50 just before Christmas.

I'm heading to OKC today for some other business, might check around for the heck of it.

-Stephen

I don't think the actual onsite Wal-mart managers have any control on their prices. It all comes from Bentonville Arkansas at corporate. at least that was how it worked when I worked at Sam's Club. the inventory system looks at stock onhand and movement of product and prices are adjusted accordingly. It is too big of a company to leave it up to locals. it looks at it on a store by store basis though. if some product is hot in one market and cold in another, sometimes they will ship it to the better market, but not always. they take into account shipping and labor to move the product. since those bikes are rather large, they will most likely stay at their current locations. The onsite manager does have the power to markdown any one particular item, but that is all monitored from above also. the manager can see what they paid per unit on any particular shipment of any item. the system there is really pretty impressive. Most of the Goofballs that work there just don't understand it. With the exceptional excellent employee (Of course, I did work there :wink: ).

Got one buried (looked like hidden) in a pile of Power Wheels boxes for $25 even (with tax) in Kansas City this morning. Last Sat they were $79, mid week $69, had 4 assembled, gone this morning, this one was still there, took it up and it rang up at $19.99. I forgot my orange spray paint!

now i am getting jelious of you guys finding these things cheap. here at the elk grove store as far as i know they are sold out guess the nor cal stingray collectors think they are cool lol. maybe someone will bring one into the shop to sell and i can get one cheap that way. looks like a lot of fun good going to those picking them off really cheap!

Back