Stingray based rats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New member, first attempt at posting a few pictures of my bikes
Summer2008308.jpg

Summer2008523.jpg

BluekratesAlexatrackfield015.jpg

i like the black jem with the lime green wheels! whered you get a sprocket like that? :shock:

Here is the story on the bikes, the blue one is a orginal Chicago stingray frame that I had powder coated and then I put all of the componets from a 2005 repop grey ghost on it except I used a 1999 repop springer and a "blue berry seat". That is the first bike I built after getting back into the bike world (took 25 years off to play with cars). Those black Friday Stingrays from Walmart got me back into bikes November of 2007, the only thing good thing that came from Wally word.

After seeing this sight and going to the Hunnert Car pile up, I decided to do a something different and built the bike with the green rims. Got the frame out of a friend's junk pile as it was hit by a car and bent pretty good in the rear. My neighbor and I straighten it out as best as we could and it turned out pretty good and rode great. That bike went out to California courtesy of ebay( I disclosed it was hit and straightened).

I just finished the bike with the red rims this week. It is a better bike with better componets. I wish I could give it a good test ride, but I am a fair weather rider. If your wanting a sprocket like that, I have one left, but I think I can get some more of them. It is a nice lightweight alloy. Just PM me if your interested

Back