sting ray bmx turned rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
this is what was left of my sting ray bmx buildup i decided to use the parts to build my huffy thunder road (see my 1981 thunder bmx in vintage bmx)
i decided to add some mismatched parts.
6 inch coast king forks 16 inch harley davidson front wheel/tire 20x3.0 harely davidson rear tire and huffy bmx bars hacked into apes schwinn sting rar banana sea amf sissy bar
i endedthe life of a pair of purple huffy bmx bars and made homemade mini apes
i am gonna lengthen them once i take my welding classes
but as of now this is how it's coming along.
after reading kingfish250's fugsley build i got the urge to try a fat tire build not sure if this counts but im trying lol
the way a sting should be lol.
0205131226_01_zps4cddde49.jpg

my makeshift apes beginning phase (bet my wife regrets buying me a grinding wheel for Christmas lol)
0205131226b_01_zpsc9a22063.jpg

more pics soon
thanks for looking
sean

doggone kingfish.I killed two stingrays (occ) and a poor tony hawk bmx that never hurt anyone to build a fat tire bike because of him. My friend that owns a bike shop is doing the frame fab work. I was going to originally back half a canti frame and do like a pro street stingray. Maybe u could try that.

lol froggy

yeah kingfish has some cool ideas though
im kinda thinking the pro street look with this one but i have to wait til i finish my welding course before i chop frames up
i have a Harley Davidson frame im gonna slice n dice sometime this week for the dropouts the back tires from that originally
good idea though. these are muscle bikes and musclecars make good pro street builds why not bikes too.
i will have to talk to peatbog and see how he built his chute setup possibly.
i will keep you all informed on the progress.
thanks
Sean

Love what your doing so far, sounds like a good plan! :wink:

Looks like your build is a candidate for the Muscle Bike Build Off that is currently running... Goes till March 10 if you wanted to join...
Only requirement is that it not be standard. Must have scratch built or modified frames or bars or paint or something. I think your harley wheeled beast would fit right in with what some of us are doing... I'm running a mt90/16 whitewall motorbike tire on the back of mine...

Check it out: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=68143

Luke.

thanks luke
im not sure about entering it because its not functional yet im having some issues with tire rub
but thanks for the heads up
plus i have already built it and those guys build some really sweet machines i doubt id be able to compete lol.
glad you like the concept though.
i figured these are muscle bikes and since the old muscle cars were always modified and ran fat tires why not a muscle bike with fat tires
i might widen th rear a bit to run the tire.
id like to see you're build i was gonna run a whitewall bt decided not to do so i might paint the sidewlls thouh not sure yet
thanks for posting.
Sean

haha i just got into shop class..
anyway heres a rat i threw together awhile back..
536296_313854418685717_41559987_n.jpg

lol iven
yeah their tough to find around here only 2 exist that i know of.
that's a cool bike there.
i never done a girls rat other then my wife's but i done broke that one lol but it's being fixed.
im actually buying a small arc welder i think its 100 amps so i can practice my welding.
on a sour note i popped my back tire it caught a rough spot on the frame so i need a new one
im also gonna be working on a raised rear dropout setup so the tire fits
i have a set of cheapie suspension forks im gonna use for the raised dropouts
pics soon my phone quit on me so i haven't been able to take many pics but i will have some this weekend
thanks for viewing
sean

got a new speedo from kingfish and decided to use it on this build
it looks great and fits well with the style
i know speedos on sting rays is kinda overplayed but i like the style
pics soon
thanks
sean

definately luke
this bikes giving me some headaches
now the front tire went flat on me
i am gonna tear it down and start over to see why so many problems with it might be a lil intruder problem i had before with moles chewing my tires
but i will def keep everyone posted
thanks again
Sean

heres a couple updated pics of my sting ray
the whitewall tire is prolly gonna stay
speedo added and front fender
still working on her
thanks for looking
Sean
0227131606a_01_zps3731a264.jpg

my speedo i got from kingfish gives it a cool look
0227131606_01_zpsb7579434.jpg

0227131605_01_zps0d4eff69.jpg

thanks luke
those forks are actually 26 inch coast king forks i just bolted the front fender to the original mount
i like its look so i kept it
the fender is off a pos headstrom bike i chopped up
im gonna work on getting it rideable today think i wanna ride it lol
thanks for posting
Sean

heya stingrayustin

the 20x3 actually fits but this frame had a spot where the kickstand normally goes that was rubbing
you may have to widen it a hair for better clearance
im actually working on some higher dropouts to make the tire fit
im weary bout chopping up a sting ray frame but i am gonna eventually
i have a new used tire im gonna mount as soon as i get the drops done
but yeah stock frame it fits but its tight and not much room for error
so id advise longer drops and widening the frame about an inch or so and it will fit no problem if you run such a tire
hope that helps
thanks for posting
Sean

well the coast king forks didnt hold up first wheelie i popped they snapped and the entire front end came out
so i decided to use some old blade forks i had lying around and use my lestor front mag and heres what i got

the steel mag is veery heavy but i can still wheelie it thanks to my 450 lb carriage and the banana seat putting all the weight in the back
ironically this bike cruises nice
i hope to find a rear steelie mg to atch the front one and eventually shoot the entire bike with either black or maybe purple(g.fs fav color not mine lol)
so heres what i got atm
thanks for looking
sean

rode this 12 miles today with no issues other then tight steering
i know the problem i just don't have the pieces to fix it
so im gonna be looking for the chrome fork cap on the top of the forks
thats missing and causing tight steering
once that problems fixed i think i can paint this badboy and call it done maybe recover the seat
thanks for looking
Sean

Back