still trien to figure out what this is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i post this bike up last year when i first got it but couldnt find that thread ...

I gave it to my father now hes got the bike bug ... this is what it looks like after he cleaned it up
and put on a new set of white walls

dadsbike2.jpg

after a serious wire brush scrub we did finally find a serial number on the bottom bracket
V4667 any clue what it maybe i havent had much luck finding charts to look it up on. seems like there are alot of schwinn charts and a few columbia charts but its not one of thoughs

dadsbike.jpg

the name badge is missing but after a bit of scubbing and scrapping we now know it was oval and off centered

missingheadbadge.jpg

and the closest thing i have found to this spocket is a Chief chainring

dadssprocket.jpg

any help would be great thanks ... Jason

thats not a sprocket design ya see everyday, cant help you on the id but the double diamond pattern on the seat tube looks familiar. time to stare at some bike pics !!!

Do you think the wheels are original? That rear sprocket looks like elgin or muscleman.

rear hubs a Morrow .. i think it maybe original but hard to say really... love the way this old bugger rides though hoping my old man leaves it like this, but he keeps telling me how he likes to have color and a shine ... so it may end up getting refininsh be him... :( either way i am just glad he likes it

I'm positive it's a cleveland welding frame, you should talk to the guys at THECABE.COM, maybe they can help.

the paint sorta reminds me of a zep but who knows. all i do know is i would not touch it i love it .

(-sigh-)..... why are the headbadges always gone?!?

ohhhhhhhhh! this hurts! i know the paint job i just cant place it now :x
im pretty sure its a mid 30's rollfast(not 100% right now though.......if i think of it for sure or find a link ill post it!)

Back