Stick shifter????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make stick shifters for bikes anymore or do you have to find an old one or scrounge around for these days? just thought i would ask some of you here, i havent really done any extensive searching, since there is a wealth of knowledge here i figure some one should know.

First off they haven't been legal on manufactured bikes since 1974 so that kinda discorages their manufacture.
There's plenty of NOS Shimano 3 spd click stik shifters around, especially on fleabay. Expect to pay around $50 for these.
Schwinn shifters float around $100. There's a thread on custom shifters here in bike talk somewhere, they're fun to make, and when you're done, you have a one-of-a-kind-part that apreciated around here.

revsrevs2008.jpg

i've picked two off ebay in the last couple weeks. the price isn't too bad as long as they don't say schwinn.

i use a couple different terms in the search box. some you have to narrow the search to keep from looking at a bunch of car parts, and some i look at under sporting good and collectibles.
5 (or 3) speed shifter
muscle bike shifter
stingray shifter
stickshift
or any word combo that comes to mind that might pull up something.

Latest posts

Back