Stealthmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got in to work early this morning so I could get a ride in before I go to Greece in a few days. I did just under 20 miles without any issues. It rides so much better than before with the sealed Tange headset, wider bars, 3 piece cranks and layback post making a world of difference.
IMG_4975.jpeg
IMG_4990.jpeg
IMG_4988.jpeg
IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

Last edited:
@JA331 - How much RPM paste did you go through when coating this frame and fork? I'm looking into doing a frame and trying to decide how much I'll need to source.

How do you like the feel of the Vans - rolling resistance wise?
They are a good tire and roll well. I also like that they don’t flex when when you get on it plus they aren’t noisy.

If you are going to buy them online make sure you get them from a store who knows how to fold them the right way so the beads don’t get mangled. It happened to the first pair I bought so I returned them. I bought the second pair from a bmx store who gets all their tires shipped in without being folded from the suppliers.

@JA331 - How much RPM paste did you go through when coating this frame and fork? I'm looking into doing a frame and trying to decide how much I'll need to source.
I used maybe 15% of the tub and I believe I was very generous when applying it. The trick with this stuff is to get the metal warm enough so the paste liquifies when it touches it. Once it cools you buff it and you’re done.

Beautiful build, man. Really nice bike. I love the bare metal and all the brazing showing. All the details are spot on. Kudos!

Thanks Ingola. I haven’t forgotten. I am still in Greece and return on Saturday. I want to make another seat post and then I’m done.

You'll be so much more comfortable and 'fuel efficient' ! And they look great. :113:

Messin' around with photos after today’s ride and photo shoot. I like the first one for my main photo. I will take some more tomorrow.

S8.jpg

Holley Performance was the last speed shop in town. I took my first car there in 1985 to get the first Holley I fitted myself tuned right. I got to know the owner well over the years. He closed up shop about 5 years ago.
S17.jpg
S20.jpg
S15.jpg
S22.jpg
S23.jpg
S24.jpg
S28.jpg

Original build in 2021 which started as the frame and fork below.
s30.jpg
s31.jpg

After plastic media blasting
s32.jpg

After scrubbing with scotchbrite pads
s33.jpg

After being attacked with various polishing tools
s34.jpg

After application with RPM protective coating.
IMG_4967.jpeg

S14.jpg

Last edited:
Messin' around with photos after today’s ride and photo shoot. I like the first one for my main photo. I will take some more tomorrow.
Man, that Cleveland plate is the cherry on top of that sweet CWC build. I love the speedshop pic, just wish you would have taken a baby step to the left so that the Brooks was in front of the red bg instead of losing it in front of the dark glass
243322-S8.jpg

Back