Starting them out wrong, Walmart must be stopped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
chimichanga said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Saw this and had to laugh. Then I thought of how sad it is.
link or picture????? :D

I forgot it :oops: Fixed it now

The kid probably stopped riding it because it felt scary and now the dad is selling it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

CeeBee said:
I recently bought a Park rolling repair stand from a craigslist ad. The guy was a total idiot and knew nothing at all about bikes. When I asked him why he had the stand....he was the guy that assembled bikes for wal-mart and k-mart after hours! I thought "This explains everything!" He threw in all his tools because he said he didn't really know what they were all for! At least I got a deal on a Park stand and tools!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE the title of this topic!!! :mrgreen:

So I emailed the seller saying what the problem is and how to fix it. Educating the uninformed is the best thing to do.

schwinnmesa said:
I LOVE the title of this topic!!! :mrgreen:

So I emailed the seller saying what the problem is and how to fix it. Educating the uninformed is the best thing to do.
Thanks and that is a great thing to do.

I remember a while back watching a little girl down the street attempt to ride a 2 wheeler for the first time. Then I noticed the fork was backwards. While 15 other people watching hadn't seem to notice, she was having great difficulty controlling the bike.
Once I informed Grampa of what was happening, he broke out the wrenchs and the day was saved.
She was going full speed in less than 15 min's!
It looked very much like a Wally-World bike.

Reposted from the backwards forks, grrrrrr! thread.
The real problems will start when the training wheels come off!

I bought my son one of those gravel blasters...cause kids grow so .... fast and I didn't have the cash to fork out for a decent bike. I bought it and pretty much went over everything..and he rode it for a summer. Worked out ok. Now he and his sister are on new Trek bikes. I tried to sell them on the old bikes..but they wanted new ones. I could'nt blame them, as I remember how I felt when I got my first new "real" bike.

Yeah I remember that feeling but I was every bit as happy to pull an old frame and fork out of the trash down the road and drag it home. Then have something to do for a few days taking parts from 30- 40 other bikes in my garage to build the one.......I just never outgrew it. :wink: Ah good memories. 8)

It's funny to me that they dont' want an old bike right now. but my son has dibs on my 53 Monark Rocket and my daughter wants the 47 roadmaster when she's big enough to ride it. There's hope for them yet.

IJamEcono said:
It's funny to me that they dont' want an old bike right now. but my son has dibs on my 53 Monark Rocket and my daughter wants the 47 roadmaster when she's big enough to ride it. There's hope for them yet.

Show them this :wink:

JCHiggins20in.jpg

Haha, this reminded me of a thread on the mtbr.com forums last year. This guy (Eric 2.0) was ranting and raving about how arrogant people were being because he bought his bike at D ick's Sporting Goods and there was no reason to go paying a premium from some snobby local bike shop. This goes on for quite a while and then he ends up posting a pic of his bike and the fork is installed backwards. Looks like he deleted the picture but some of the comments are still priceless. I gotta hand it to him though, he seemed to take his lumps like a good sport.

I just read the whole thing, that was entertaining. I love how he tries to say he ran it over and all. Kinda feel sorry for the guy but it's good he can laugh at himself. I remember when I was like 6 and didn't know how the forks went..... :mrgreen: Now I suppose people will tell me my bars are upside down.... :roll:

Back