Started on my burrito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been think about a burrito build for a good little while now. Ran across a good candidate on CL and went for it. I picked up a Mid 70's Ross a couple weeks ago off of CL for $10. I didn't expect much for the money. To my surprise the bike was very nice and rode perfect. The seat tube was actually longer than the top tube of the bike which I found strange. Anyway.... I got it and then left on vacation. Laid out a plan while I was gone and came back and started cutting and welding. My work this week as I went along. Now I am off work til Monday and the bike is at work on my bench. I am dying to work on it. a couple more hours and I will be riding it. Let me know what ya think.
0616091233.jpg

0617090551.jpg

0702091244.jpg

0702091245.jpg

I love the bike but I must be to old. I can't reach over the bellie that well. I love what you got going here 'cept the bars. I cut up two of my Ross bikes to make a tall bike, kept the shimano 3-speed coaster brake on mine. Looks like it's going to be long one. This is as close as I come to a burrito http://home.comcast.net/~ppcorbett/pwpimages/Untitled 00m 05s.jpg

GL

I will be doing the rear first and making sure it is all straight and at the right ride height then I will do the steering. May do long bars and may do a link bar steering set up. If I do long bars I will turn the stem 180 degrees and extend a set of beach bars a foot. It will be right at 8 foot long when finished.

REALLY like your design.............Maybe you should put a crank and bars on now, just to see if you can reach. Extending the bars 12 inches, will give you the "tiller" effect ( when you turn left, your right hand won't be able to REACH the bars, and vice-verse).........................I've got some ideas......if your interested..

KOTA said:
REALLY like your design.............Maybe you should put a crank and bars on now, just to see if you can reach. Extending the bars 12 inches, will give you the "tiller" effect ( when you turn left, your right hand won't be able to REACH the bars, and vice-verse).........................I've got some ideas......if your interested..

I am willing to listen to any ideas you or anybody else may have. Throw them out there.

that road bike was a sweetheart for 10 bones.........nice steal.......your burrito is looking awesome......nice craftsmanship.......what do you do for a living with a shop like that???

We do a lot of stuff for a bunch of different industries. The bulk of our business is utility trucks and wreckers. We also build industrial heat exchangers, The cooking tanks that red gold makes there ketchup in, the entire machine that Gerber makes there baby food in and that Tabasco makes there sauce with. On top of all of that we do medical trays and cases. All and all the fast money is in the trucks and the real money is in food and medical industries.

Great looking design, hella long, want to see this one as it proceeds. Maybe I'll have to start thinkin buritto, heck southern arizona, think I'm in the right area for it, hehee.

Like I said...I really like the style! Sometimes pics can be deceiving. NOW would be the time to see where your hands and feet (legs) are. If your not satisfied just bring your original (chopped) front end closer. You'll just have to angle the twin bars you fabbed, slightly higher.........I LIKE "burritos" with as many STRAIGHT lines as possible, just my opinion. DEFINETLY gonna be cool!

I did a good bit of work on this thing today. I ended up taking 8" out of the front of it. Then I changed the angle of both the top tube and the twin rods. After that was back together I mounted the rear triangle. It is still almost 10' long. Still need crank, chain installed and I am making a set of bars for it. I will be riding this after work tomorrow. I will probably take it back apart Sunday night and prep it for paint. The guy on the bike in the pic is 6'3" tall. I am only 5'10". Here is another comparison shot for you guys.
downsized_0615091551.jpg

0708091632.jpg

Did a bar swap. 33" apes, they are actually the bottom tube off of a shopping cart lol. Still need to make my 4 foot tall suicide brake lever and decide if I want to paint it or leave it.
0715091430.jpg

NICE!

Latest posts

Back