Star Sprocket & The Reflectors Cycle Truck Blues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You meet the nicest people buying bicycles. The cycle truck has a great story behind it. The lady I bought it from, father had this bike since he was a young boy. His father bought it from a bakery in the Cleveland area when he was 8 or 9.
He owned the bike his entire life. She told me when she was a young girl her dad made a wooden seat that had braces down to the frame at the basket bracket mounts and she would hang on to the bars and they would ride the neighbor hood. The tires are Kelly Springfield and are in pretty decent shape. The messenger seat has a pat’ed date of 1928
S.N. B05351 The bike has been blue as long as she remembers.
The AMF sprocket and Rack are just plane COOL! I had a nice day today.
IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

Great scores!!!
I would love to find a cycle truck.
I have that same jeweled Star ring as well as a red version of that pool stick rack.
Looks like you had a great day!

kingfish254 said:
Great scores!!!
I would love to find a cycle truck.
I have that same jeweled Star ring as well as a red version of that pool stick rack.
Looks like you had a great day!
Yea The cycle truck is a keeper. I will be scrape'n and save'n to get funds for thr basket and drop stand.

Can you post a photo of that AMF seat. That looks pretty slick!

The cycle truck is awesome! I'll bet it was just painted without taking it apart or sanding it. The original paint may be in good shape under there.

Wildcat said:
The cycle truck is awesome! I'll bet it was just painted without taking it apart or sanding it. The original paint may be in good shape under there.
Well I agree on the potential to find paint under the blue but…. What you see is what I bought nothing else there. :|

Both are real good and I don't think I ever saw one of those sprockets like that before but I did see a seat though on a Spaceliner.

Great space age jet seat.

Latest posts

Back