Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sears spyder customizing

kingfish254 said:
freddyfingaz said:
kingfish254 said:
Not really important. Totally up to you.
Can't wait to see the next photos.

Well I do like spyder monkey. Look like my build has name now. :D

Cool!
I actually helped name the RRBBO7 winner "MoFaux", so you are in good company.

Thank man!

I was getting ready to do wheel work for my new jerald slick tire until I realized that 24x1 3/8 spokes are longer than 24x1.75 rim. I was going get thread tool to shorten my spokes until my LBS has spokes I need for $12. My nipples has different thread size but lucky my 27" donor bike has same size thread nipples. Whew!!

Does anyone has a good tutorial how to change spokes and hub? I asked LBS to see how much for labor charge to change. They want $60. Eh I will do it myself.

Finally laced spokes and true spokes and installed tires. Look like it's fit good. Only thing I had a struggle is force rear wheel. Flat it would help lol.

1350125548.jpg

This is where I'm not sure yet. Which fenders should I use original fenders or future chopping fenders 26"

1350125685.jpg

Bigdaddy772 said:
Bike looks great so far!! I love those bars....I have them on three bikes. 8) 8)

Thanks. I always had a thing for ape handle bar since I was little kid and never had a gut to buy one cuz I kept heard negatives about it. Now, I'm very curious if it going turn out what I imaged.

I can't stop look at my jerald slick tire. It really does look good. Can't wait ride it to see how well it corner. Cut 90 degree rear fender will look much better. I think. Any suggest?

1350194354.jpg

I love the Jerald on there!!!!! I am not sure if I am a fan of the rear fender yet or not. It may cover too much of that sweet tire!!!

I just tested fit original fenders. Those middleweight fenders is too wide for 27" fork and rear that won't go any higher to clear the clearances unless I trim edges to make it higher but I like lightweight fenders better cuz it made front tire look skinnier and made jerald tire look fatter. I never like duck tail but I think It will look good when I cut rear lightweight fender to 90 degree.

1350249676.jpg

Latest posts

Back