Springer Banana seat......?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, wondering if anyone has built a springer banana seat? I want a banana seat for a BMX custom streched chopper/bobber I'm gonna build and would love a springer banana to accent the homemade springer front end! Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

i made a shock type sissy bar, like the old krates had, for a banana seat from a regular one, or do you mean like a springer saddle type seat?

Philphine said:
i made a shock type sissy bar, like the old krates had, for a banana seat from a regular one, or do you mean like a springer saddle type seat?

Exactly! like a springer saddle type! Thank you for all your responses though. I'm going to attempt to build one. :D

DonQui,
A lot of us choose the 'view new posts' button when we login. By 'bumpimg' an old thread (or one that you want seen), it puts it on the 'new posts' list at the top. Now, newer posts after will push it down the list, but for a while it's on page 1.

Hope I made sense, I don't usually. :roll:

Cheers!
Dr. T

Jroll44 said:
Philphine said:

Exactly! like a springer saddle type! Thank you for all your responses though. I'm going to attempt to build one. :D

truthfully, i kinda can't see it. seems like you have to be careful about where the front pivot, post clamp and rear springs are postioned and you have to be sure to sit exactly in one spot on the seat. like it would need some kind of support in the rear or it would just collapse when you tried to sit on it. but sometimes what's in another persons head is hard for someone else to imagine. i don't know what you're "seeing".

in my own head, how i could see it maybe working is, have two identical seats kinda stacked on top of each other. the bottom seat is just the pan, put on the bike normally with a rear sissy bar. the actual seat would be connected to it by some kind of pivot right at the front, with a couple of seat springs bettween the two seats at the back.

well, before i submitted i thought of another way, but i don't think i could discribe it well enough. you'd need at least one shock from a mountain bike i think. my home computer is still down or i could do a pic of the idea cobbled up.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
DonQui,
A lot of us choose the 'view new posts' button when we login. By 'bumpimg' an old thread (or one that you want seen), it puts it on the 'new posts' list at the top. Now, newer posts after will push it down the list, but for a while it's on page 1.

Hope I made sense, I don't usually. :roll:

Cheers!
Dr. T

you made perfect sense Dr. T
and i thought i was the only one that went straight for the new posts.... :eek:

thesuicideride said:
i have one. maybe two. ill get a pic of it up in tomorrows pm.

i want to see some pics! cant wait till tomorrow... :D

here it is. it came on my full tank schwinn. if i remember right, the schwinn is a 58. i think its a period correct add on. i think i have another springer banana somewhere. the curved reflector piece is cool. i think its a troxel. i think my names justin :?.

springerseat002.jpg

springerseat003.jpg

springerseat001.jpg

springerseat005.jpg

thesuicideride said:
here it is. it came on my full tank schwinn. if i remember right, the schwinn is a 58. i think its a period correct add on. i think i have another springer banana somewhere. the curved reflector piece is cool. i think its a troxel. i think my names justin :?.

springerseat002.jpg

That is a Troxel banana seat made around 1964 or 1965

Dorian

Back