"Special Customer" Bicycle-JC Higgins Ladies Bike-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well...Dont tell anyone!

But this is going to be my girlfriend Kayla's bike. Im building it for her for.

She doesnt know. At all. She thinks its for a customer that is the same size as her(shes tiny)
so im measuring her up and everything.

Right Now, Its going to be a rat for her. I just bought some tires for her. Im going to work on some brakes, i dont want her to have a single speed. She has a hard enough time keeping up as it is. Oh..Make it easy...she is kinda asthematic.

DONT TELL ANYONE!
IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

Chrome might get the black treatment, or dipped...Not 100% on that.
She will have a front wicker basket...which i already know she loves.

Re: "Special Customer" Bicycle-JC Higgins Ladies Bike

Great starting bike! It's funny when you can build something right in front of them and claim it's for someone else! Good luck with the build.

BrunneCustoms said:
Great starting bike! It's funny when you can build something right in front of them and claim it's for someone else! Good luck with the build.
She helped me pickout tires last night too. HAH

Ooh my gee ! all that rust can't be good for someone with asthma ! :lol:

nice :mrgreen:

Are you going to keep the headbadge as you are going to use a basket?
If not i am interested in buying it. Looking forward to your progress.

I think I messed up. Big time. Now, I thought I was going to get a big enough hole after i chopped the seat clamp off. I was wrong. :oops:
I have a few ideas!
83888ff7.jpg

c78cb7e2.jpg

See, Too small.

So.
I was going to run a wedge bolted seat post, but i dont have one small enough. So i dug thorough my parts, and found a pre-drilled small seat post. VERY small. Dont think ill be able to use it, since i wont have anything to drill it out with.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

But my second idea- Drill a hole in the frame, and the seatpost...and make it work. Kinda like a krutch.

I told Kayla about what happend..."I kinda screwed that chicks bike up"
I told her my idea, and she said her dad did that to her bike when she was...Hahha...littler.
I thought...Thats awesome :shock:

IMG_3055.jpg

But, Heres some of her accesories. I have to make the bag match the seat, and maybe get the delta a little dirtier. The bell probably wont go on if i get a button for the horn.

and a...half...Mockup...thing
IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

Going to work this brake in somehow...err...brake...Adaptor

IMG_3057.jpg

I could also clamp the seat to the frame...we will see when she gets here.

Before shot
IMG_3009.jpg

Cleaning up
IMG_3015.jpg

Re: "Special Customer" Bicycle-JC Higgins Ladies Bike-Opinions?

dingo....what size seat post are you planning on using? the hole width is really small on that since its got 3 tubes inside it(one for each of the bars that meet there) you can hog out up to 1/8" and wont affect the strength especially if theres a seat post in it....feel free to shoot me a pm about some other options as well....
and nice bike :mrgreen:

Well, I think she found out...but she doesnt know alot of the details...So all is well!

c96c7c88.jpg

I was looking at this fender...and I thought...This isnt right...WAIT...

I walked outside, walked through some snow, dug around a little bit, and found this frozen to the grass under a pile of snow

7591c065.jpg

This has been outside since the build off

8f8cae64.jpg

I drilled this hole to mount the brakes...They hit the cranks. She will be getting a 3 speed coaster, but for now...a single speed coaster... :?
There may be a gap in all of my projects...Grandpa is in bad shape. :(

Here is my 2cents on the seat post issue- Drill and tap a hole in the seat post down tube to accept a set screw (or maybe one on each side of the tube so you have twice the clamping force) then find solid bar stock sized to fit in the tube and clamp it to the bottom of the seat if necesary you could weld a short sleeve to the top of the bar stock to increase the diameter so your seat clamp will attach to it. hope this all makes sense if not let me know and I will try to be more precise. Just my 2cents though. hope it helps. oh and be sure to use lock tite on those set screws so they wont back out! once you decide on the right height you could use the red stuff cuz you won't be takin it apart often and it hols stronger than the blue Alan

Looks NICE Dingo! Basket, headlight and skirts, make the TOTAL package......Remember, SHE helped pick out the tires.

Awesome. She likes it. I didn't get a chance to get a final picture, but she loves it. Inhad my mother paint her favorite flower on the guard.

Kota, she had the option of what was on there, or white walls. It's all walmart had.

I brought up the idea of creamies, and she got excited. Woo!

Back