Spaceliner help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was Christmas in July. My guy surprised me with a Spaceliner - something I've been coveting for a long time. She needs some polishing, but overall is in super awesome shape. I need to locate a tank and the lights for the rear rack, but the hunt is part of the fun, right?

So, I'm wondering if any of you can offer some tips on how to pin down the year of this bike? I've read some conflicting reports online about how to date these things ... and we all know everything you read on the Internet is true. Any advice you can offer would be terrific.

Serial number on the rear dropout reads: 469110 511627

I've included a few photos below.

Thanks!
Laura

k9jcs1.jpg

2cxyiq.jpg

fmoubn.jpg

34nmdud.jpg

zv7m0p.jpg

That looks like the same year that I had. I previously looked it up on the Sears parts site and the parts diagram for that model (actually for the 502-469100) has a date stamp on the bottom of July 1963.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... 200?blt=05

There should actually be a '502' at the beginning of your part number. That particular bike is Murray built. Yours is more complete than mine was. I was missing the tank, rear rack, and the correct seat.

M.Martian said:
That looks like the same year that I had. I previously looked it up on the Sears parts site and the parts diagram for that model (actually for the 502-469100) has a date stamp on the bottom of July 1963.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... 200?blt=05

There should actually be a '502' at the beginning of your part number. That particular bike is Murray built. Yours is more complete than mine was. I was missing the tank, rear rack, and the correct seat.

46910 is a '63 Flightliner, while 46911 is a 64 Spaceliner. They may have used the same catalog # on 65s and later, but I don't have catalog pages for them. -Adam

You guys rock, thank you so much!

Any tips on where to find the missing parts? Checking EBay of course, and also Wichita Craigslist (Kansas seems to have cornered the market in amassing Spaceliners for some reason) but any other tips would be helpful.

I've been working on getting the clearcoat off the chrome. It's flaking off easily and she's polishing up quite beautifully. :)

bananared said:
You guys rock, thank you so much!

Any tips on where to find the missing parts? Checking EBay of course, and also Wichita Craigslist (Kansas seems to have cornered the market in amassing Spaceliners for some reason) but any other tips would be helpful.

I've been working on getting the clearcoat off the chrome. It's flaking off easily and she's polishing up quite beautifully. :)

You're lucky it's coming off that easily! I did one with a brass wire wheel, and wore it out on one frame! -Adam

PUDDLZ said:
Question 469310

469210 what would these be ?

Those are both 1964 Deluxe Spaceliners, chrome frame, springer, tank/light, rear rack, 2 speed bendix hub, etc. 46931 is the ladies' model, 46921 the men's. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
PUDDLZ said:
Question 469310

469210 what would these be ?

Those are both 1964 Deluxe Spaceliners, chrome frame, springer, tank/light, rear rack, 2 speed bendix hub, etc. 46931 is the ladies' model, 46921 the men's. -Adam
Adam

Thanks for the clarification, I was told 63 but was also told no bueno

Yes these are loaded models too

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back