Spaceliner head tube

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a Spacleiner frame that I'm building up, but I can't find any bearing cups to fit the head tube...every one I have is too small and they are loose in the tube. Do Spaceiners have a larger diameter opening for the head tube?? Do they need special bearing cups?

Thanks

ya, they are bigger to accommodate the plate behind the tubes. you can use 1 1/8 inch BMX style spacers or you can get the Wald 4080 universal one,.. :roll:

scrumblero said:
.......or you can get the Wald 4080 universal one,.. :roll:

they're not THAT bad! :mrgreen:

WEAKFISH said:
I have a Spacleiner frame that I'm building up, but I can't find any bearing cups to fit the head tube...every one I have is too small and they are loose in the tube. Do Spaceiners have a larger diameter opening for the head tube?? Do they need special bearing cups?

Thanks

Ha! I just took my spaceliner frame into my LBS yesterday for the same reason. No headset I had would fit it! Howard laughed and said "I think I have part of one and can have a whole one here for you by tuesday" They like helping me I think because they never see any cruisers, only BMX, MTB, and roadies. :lol:

Back