Spaceliner / Flightliner etc. ID guide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will post some pictures of my own later, or if a thread similar to this exists, someone PM me the link and this one can be deleted.

I have a men's and a women's Spaceliner, they look to be close to the same year and similarly equipped, but I noticed the chain guards are completely different, yet look original to the bikes? Can someone post pictures of chain guards and the years they were used if known, as well as fenders, tanks, etc? I would like to get the men's as original as possible, but not part out the ladies if the parts aren't correct for the mans bike.

That link is a good reference, but I can't seem to figure out how to keyword search the gallery over there, if its even possible. I'm more after pictures of specific parts for specific years/models.

I'll just add this simple info to this thread to keep stuff in one place.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about these two frames.
Many people think they are the same or mistake one for the other.
Figured it was time to start a thread to try and help ID these bikes.

These are two separate men's frames. There may be similarities and shared trim, but that are two different frames.
With the men's frames, you can always identify them by the bar or bars that are below the top tubes.

Men's Spacliner - second set of double bars always runs from the head tube all the way back to the dropouts (or just slightly above the drops).

IMAGE_347.jpg

Men's Flightliner - the front of the bars below the top bars do not connect to the head tube, instead they connect to the down tube.

img_2607.jpg

There are a couple of differences on the Spaceliner frames as well.
Most of the ones that I have seen have the second set of twin tubes attaching fairly hight on the dropouts like this frame
IMG_2038_zpsce37f719.jpg

The Spaceliner that I used for Flexy has more space between the top bars and the second bars and the second bars attach lower on the dropouts.
IMAGE_347.jpg

Back