Spaced Out Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this Spaceliner frame from Tailwinds and just decided to build it up for the build off! It's definently gonna be ratty! Bent forks for the first time today and I must say it was fun! I'll be piecing this one together from some cool parts so stay tuned!
MattsSpacelinerbike004.jpg

the forks came off a 30's Rollfast bike

I also found some perfect truss rod material at the Depot and got them looking like I wanted
MattsSpacelinerbike003.jpg

herr_rudolf said:
One day I will have the guts to bend fork like that...
This set up looks way cool.

Good luck on the build and have fun!

Great setup so far! I've always never had the guts to bend forks like that either. I may have to drag some out of the pile & get some practice at it. Lookin Good! 8) I just love the spaceliner frame!

Re: Spaced Out Build (update)

Got the frame and forks painted, still trying to decide on wheel/tire combo...so many choices...so little money... :cry:
MattsSpacelinerbike006.jpg

I'm thinking some nice white wall tires would look nice on this one

hey i got some old sears austrian made coaster three speed if you got the shipping. I'm not positive on what the ISO wheel size is if its 559 or possibly 590's there kinda heavy and i'm not 100% the hub works.

NICE job! Amazing what a little bend can do.

Hey folks, sorry I haven't had any updates lately... some new pics should be coming this weekend. I had to switch out forks because the old Rollfast forks weren't wide enough for the tires I'm using, so I bought some prewar Roadmaster forks and they've got plenty of room. I also made some cool handlebars that I'll show yall! It's coming along...slowly

Lookin good! Can't wait to see some recent pics. I'm kind of partial to the spaceliner frame, if you couldn't tell. What size tires are you using??? :?: :?: 8) 8)

Hey yall, I'll have new pics up as soon as I get home from work. I'm running 26x2.125 Nirve BadA** tires. I'm not too fond of the name but I love the flame pattern on them. I installed the handlebars yesterday and put the "new" forks on as well. The only thing holding me up is the back wheel. It's a Bendix 2 speed kickback hub and I'm trying to lace it to a standard 26" rim, but I can't seem to find spokes that'll fit. I also tried lacing it up with some spokes I had but they wouldn't work. Does anyone know if these hubs had to be laced up weird? I looked at another 26" wheel I have and tried to lace this one up the same but it didn't work...

Flamer said:
Hey yall, I'll have new pics up as soon as I get home from work. I'm running 26x2.125 Nirve BadA** tires. I'm not too fond of the name but I love the flame pattern on them. I installed the handlebars yesterday and put the "new" forks on as well. The only thing holding me up is the back wheel. It's a Bendix 2 speed kickback hub and I'm trying to lace it to a standard 26" rim, but I can't seem to find spokes that'll fit. I also tried lacing it up with some spokes I had but they wouldn't work. Does anyone know if these hubs had to be laced up weird? I looked at another 26" wheel I have and tried to lace this one up the same but it didn't work...

Should be just a matter of finding the right length spokes and doing it "by the book"... The Bendix 2-speeds are a large flange diameter, so you may need to make careful measurements to get the right numbers.

But they lace up normally as any hub would, nothing weird about them. All of mine have been laced to Schwinn lightweight 26" wheels and just a normal 3-cross spoke pattern.

Good luck,
--Rob

aka_locojoe said:
Looks good. I too like the green fork and the black. The bars are really cool. You make them?

Thanks and yes I made the bars. They're the first I've made and I think they look pretty sweet. I appreciate the compliments!

sumnermclain said:
props on the bar build- what did you use as far as material?

Thanks, I used conduit tubing for the bars. They're not too heavy but they feel plenty sturdy.

Latest posts

Back