Space Slug Trike and Western Flyer Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm calling this trike bike the Space Slug because the way the tank looks coming at you and cuz the thing's kinda slow. I scored the tank at the swap meet in Hurst over the weekend along with the seat on my spaceliner. The spaceliner is also carrying the springer fork I purchased from Unchained a while back. The Slug still needs some better parts like chrome neck, more appropriate pedals, chainguard, right fork, chrome Murray wheels, chrome fenders, whitewalls, and different grips but she's a work in progress. The spaceliner is pretty much done with the exception of the rear rack light which we are in the process of making one until (hopefully,fingers crossed) the original shows up. So without further ado, here they are:
DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

The tank on the trike doesn't really go with the piece on front but they look cool and I think pretty unique so they're stayin' together. Do you guys think it's cooler as a bike or trike? Reason I ask is because it's kinda hard to ride the trike super far and I would really like to get this bike out there on some longer rides. Sorry for the long post. Hope ya'll enjoy looking at these as much as I do!

Looks great man!

Love it when people hook older bikes up to trikes.

That Spaceliner of yours is awesome too...looks really cool with the apes. :wink:

I have a similar trike basket. Currently it has skinny tires and I want to put some beefier wheels/tires on it like yours. What size are your rims/tires?

Thanks

When I come over Saturday I get to ride the trike. :) We need to scrounge up an old wood Coca Cola crate for the back of the trike.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I really do love these Murray built space bikes. I'd own a hundred if I could. The rear tires on the trike are 24x2 and the front is 26x1.95. I will eventually put some nice whitewalls on it but for now the only money I have in it is the tank. On the other hand I do have a fair amount of money in that Spaceliner but hey she's probably my favorite one.

The trike is kinda cool, but the SpaceLiner is absolutely awesome!
Nice job on both -

Nice- glad to see my old springer put to use. Couldn't have thought of a better use for it either. :wink:

Thanks again for all the comments and especially to you Unchained for the speedy delivery of that springer fork. I think this weekend I will convert the trike to a bike. I have a Murray rear wheel with a Bendix red band hub for it. I think it will be so much more enjoyable to ride as a bike. I'll probably just get another chain so I can go back and forth between bike and trike. As for them touching I don't think they were but I really do baby the chrome one as it spends all its life indoors and never gets wet. Thanks for lookin'!

Love the look...my project right now is a Flightliner converted to a trike...

You can't go wrong with a Spaceliner! One of the coolest and most versatile frames ever. Love the black and apes on yours!!!!!

That Flightliner trike is really cool too!!!!

Did you have to modify the rear dropouts on the Flightliner frame to fit the trike rear?

Latest posts

Back