Sort of a barn find Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still confused here... If your tires are made by Carlisle in Carlisle, PA then they are *originals*. To me, repops would maybe have the same logo but made by someone else in Taiwan or China or some such. I'd guess original WW Lightning Darts would be worth a good buck. Nice find! B607

slacker said:
Hey, blacksheep! Where is that barn?

Seriously, it looks really familiar. My mom did the photos for a series of books on barns and their related history in the Wisconsin/Illinois border area.

BTW, Don't you already have a similar Murray?

The barn was in Hartford. The drive up there worked out perfect because we were planning on going up to Cabela's soon anyway. Barn was 10 minutes from Cabela's.

I do have another Murray Monterey, but it's not like this one. My other one started out as more of a beach cruiser with no fenders and is currently a klunker poser.

man, thats one of the cleanest finds for hanging in a barn for 20years. i like it just the way it is in the picts. got two murrays myself (an 86' monterey and a 93' westport). nice score!

Back