some rust and a lot of dust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you can tell from the background in the 2nd pic these bikes are just what i needed to fill up any extra space in my garage. i've been wanting to build a fixie for some time now but i'm really cheap and fixies can be really expensive. i found these at a yard sale around the corner from my house(convenient) for really cheap(very convenient) the green one will be sold because it is too big for me. i will work with the panansonic.
i think this is a schwinn continental or varsity. late 60's i'm guessing.
IMG_0572.jpg

panasonic pro touring with a shimano biopace crankset
IMG_7943.jpg

On that green bike, the 2 L shaped hooks on the top bar were to mount a tire pump right?

here's the panasonic. no cables or brakes but i made sure to leave some of the dirt on there. i wouldn't want to throw the thing off balance. i didn't want to shave off the cable guides just in case i ever want to sell it plus that's so much work... for me. so far i've payed for the tires and tubes, seatpost and handlebar tape. I LOVE CHEAP! nothing fancy and it rolls and i can make the uphill ride home in 13 minutes! i still want to get some cages for the pedals.
IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

cman said:
Cool old Panasonic. The fork looks bent though.

Yeah, it does look bent... I can't tell if it's just an illusion due to the nearly upright headtube...

Edit: just as a note, there seem to be a lot of creative ways to fix bent forks and frames... I've had good luck with ratchet straps lately. If you clamp the frame by the bb in the vice, nice and snug, you can pull the thing all over the place with the straps.

yeah it does have a slight bend which makes that front tire ALMOST uncomfortably close. my problem is that i have that vw mentality... "it's still moving so i'll just leave it alone till it brakes". good idea with the ratchet strap though. i can give it a try. thanks.

camo said:
yeah it does have a slight bend which makes that front tire ALMOST uncomfortably close. my problem is that i have that vw mentality... "it's still moving so i'll just leave it alone till it brakes". good idea with the ratchet strap though. i can give it a try. thanks.

Hey some people take care of their VW's

oh did i make a huge generalization. oops sorry about that.

Back