Some people are just jerks!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this post and decided to share my story from today. This morning I was Painting my Camaro. Before I started I needed some more tack cloths. I decided I would ride my power assisted bicycle to Auto Value. A few blocks from my house a car pulled up next to me and slowed down to match my speed. I will add that I was on the shoulder of the road right next to the curb on a 4 lane road. I looked over him and saw him looking over his shoulder at me. He then for reasons unknown veered right knocking me off the road. I lightly touched his car at 20 mph and the bike fell out from under me. I was fine I landed on my feet running. But I was scared as heck. I don’t know why but it was clearly intentional. I did see his plate number because he stopped to look back to see the aftermath. He then quickly drove away. If any one is curious it was a Gold Grand Prix with Alberta tags “BBT 0790”. I am still mad but I really don’t have any ideas. I sure would love the opportunity to confront him.

waterboy.....file a police report. All others play nice and contact authorities when possible. They might not do much but reports are still good to have on file.

I can't understand people like this in this world. These people are just unhappy with their freaking lives and want to be bullies, others do it for fun which i think is stupid.

I am not afraid to ride my bike on the road, but I have now put a child seat on one of my bikes and ride with my daughter. I will say that I am actually afraid to encounter a careless jerk on the road with my baby with me. I know it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk, but I do it when I have her with me anyways. I have seen enough people speeding their way past me in my neighborhood that I know they would not be able to stop if a kid would run out to the street for some reason.

Eclipse i sent you a Pm. I haven't contacted to police because: i am confident they will do nothing to help and i don't trust them based on past experiences. I don't know what goes through there heads some times. I will clarify by saying i only want to talk to the dude i don't agree with riders vandalizing cars, i think that is just as bad . I also don't believe in violence to solve your problems. This being said being a push over is never a good thing. Often words are powerful and motorists always listen when you are on there porch.

Down here, the "national car of Texas" is the 3/4 ton pickup. Many of them have those extended side mirrors for pulling large 5th wheel campers and have hit and killed more than one bike rider riding legally on our roads. we are not nice enough to call them "jerks".

Pickup drivers think they are in a sports car on our highways, and drive them as such. I see them all the time from my Miata and just try to stay out of their way. And BTW, a few of them like to intimidate small cars too! :(

Do we need licence plates that Read "Insured by Smith & Wesson" ? You hit and I shoot kind of things. Glad you guys are all ok.

Last trip I made was 6 miles on the street, was nearly hit twice. Just by people not paying attention and running the stop signs. Good thing I was more alert than they were. I might carry a large air horn, the hand held kind.

41iSYUsgelL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had a group of rowdy necks driving a pickup throw a jack handle at me. I took the jack handle with me in case they came around again to throw back. While riding with my girlfriend and a friends, a group of rednecks parked at Lowes Home Improvement threw a full drink cup and barely missed my girlfriend. I gave him the appropriate signal for her, and he or one of the others jumped in their truck to come after us. I got off of my bike and as he sped up behind us, I turned with a very heavy 55 panther in the air over my head ready to launch at his windshield. He turned quickly and almost flipped his truck getting away. I have had a friend get hit from behind with a gallon water jug almost full from a moving vehicle. I have been missed by rocks,beer bottles, firecrackers, food, a cinder block, metal pipes, pvc, cans, bags of trash, lit cigarettes, cd's, books, pieces of chain, sticks, and plenty of other stuff. Cars always swerve to pretend to hit us, some have actually tried. I have had tires flattened while in the store. Paint jobs scratched, lights busted, even a chain snapped (not sure how they did it, probably stepping on it), racks or fenders dented or bent, seats cut, etc. The rednecks here really hate bikes with a violent passion. The above comments about staying defensive are true for me, but only because the onslaught of violence towards us is equally constant. Stay careful and don't move to northwest N.C. I think however, part of the issue is that there are no bike lanes here, and the few sidewalks we have are not for cyclists and you will get a ticket for riding on them. There are even signs posted informing you to keep bicycles off of sidewalks in certain areas. My friend almost got a ticket because he works on a road with a sidewalk and he rode up onto it for a moment to get to his work entrance. As a result we are always in the roads, which are pretty narrow here.

Talk about narrow roads, I was in Bollix MS and surrounding areas for 2 weeks after Katrina, those roads are barely wide enough one car at a time. I don't think I saw one bike on the road at all.

Good call on the air horn Clancy.

these stories are crazy ... I had somone try to hit me when I was younger.. but not as an adult..
I ride mostly in a local park that has 14 miles of trails.. but I will remind you all of my 2 words
concealed carry.

Ozzmonaut,

Your stories are a real bummer; I hope to move to NC one day, but I can't give up riding. Sucks that some of the ppl in your area don't know how to act.

-rob

Henry morgan, that is what my wife said.

But on th flip side, you cannot carry them into the post office and I will not leave it outside. But normally I do carry, but this was the one trip I could not find my bike bag. Go figure.

Fahrrad said:
Henry morgan, that is what my wife said.

But on th flip side, you cannot carry them into the post office and I will not leave it outside. But normally I do carry, but this was the one trip I could not find my bike bag. Go figure.

I do that all the time.. walk up to a door and then remember I cant go in cause of my SD

Some people are stupid and have no respect for others. The last incident I had was when I was riding downtown on my Mosh Method 24" BMX cruiser last summer. Had an idiot in a new Porsche come way out into the cross walk (While speeding) and almost pushed me into traffic so I had to bunny hop and land on his hood to avoid being seriously hurt. Left a really good dent and scratch on his nice new Porsche. He tried to chase me down but I know Kokomo has an alley with a barrier behind a furniture store so I went that way and cut between it where his car wouldn't fit and left him there screaming at me. I did report it in case he wanted to call it a hit and run but since I didn't have a license number they couldn't do anything. I figure that dent might make him slow down :mrgreen: ....probably not though. :roll:

Henry morgan said:
these stories are crazy ... I had somone try to hit me when I was younger.. but not as an adult..
I ride mostly in a local park that has 14 miles of trails.. but I will remind you all of my 2 words
concealed carry.

I hear you. I've got a CC License. I can only carry in Iowa though. I just hope I never ever have to use it. I've heard taking a life changes you forever. :( :( :(

wheelymarko said:
I ride like they're all out to get me. Not enough road here to ride with traffic.
i feel you man, every day this one road i have to take home from school i feel like any one jerk could come by and kill me..
i been having anxiety of getting hit lately too :<

Latest posts

Back