Some parts from my first swap meet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my first swap meet today the tweed ride/swap meet in Riedsville NC, and took my husband along for the ride. It was awesome. I have never seen so many cool bikes in one spot. I met a lot of nice people, and found out what style (old) bike my husband actually likes(boardtracker). My husband would not let me leave with the green schwinn typhoon I wanted, he said I had to finish the projects I have at home before I can get anymore bikes :(...but I did get to leave with some pretty cool parts.
reidsvillebikeswap2011plustractorpull161.jpg

reidsvillebikeswap2011plustractorpull162.jpg

reidsvillebikeswap2011plustractorpull163.jpg

reidsvillebikeswap2011plustractorpull167.jpg

I also got a 3 piece crank for my 24" BMX and two sets of 20 inch BMX tires, one set are mongoose team issue with flame tread(for the BMX project I am doing for my son). All for $60. not too bad..
I am looking foward to the Mt. Airy meet on Oct. 23rd and hopefully the typhoon will be there:)

Way to go Bikes, my daughter took 3rd place in the rat rod class and I came home with 2 40's Road Master tank bikes and my daughter found her a black 50's girl Hornet. We ended up comin home with more than we left with but Its All Good. The guy with the skeleton bike is the one doin the Mt Airy show.

Nice finds, I must have left before you got there, because I didn't see you two there. I had to go to a tractor pull too, to watch my dad pull, so we didn't get to stay as long as I wanted. Tell you daughter congratulations, on the win please. My husband and I spoke with the skeleton bike(I am horriable with names) guy alot, he is a really neat guy. I am going to need to save some money for the Mt. Airy show it was really hard not to come home with a whole bike. :)

That was my first bike swap meet too. Nice stuff there. What is the date of the Mt Airy meet?

Or me I am in hickory on the newton side...I need to check out his collection of stuff I am told he has a ton:)

Cool finds.

Wish we had any bicycle swap meets up here in NY area..... :(

Lucky 8)

~ AL

Green Dragon, there is gonna be a nice one in Trexlertown PA the first Sunday in October. not sure what time it is over, but usually early in the afternoon

Yall are welcome anytime at my house.If you ride with me half the gas bill is to be paid in bike parts, vintage ones. LOL, I will post what I bought when I get a chance.

Mount Airy show is Sunday, October 23rd Sonic on Independence Blvd 12pm-6pm. I'm praying it doesn't drop off too cold. Last year was perfect, October 17th though, and around 64 degrees. I need to start looking for a venue for the future that has either a covered area or indoor option. I have a couple of open options, but I'm trying to keep it easy to get to and most importantly, CLOSE TO FOOD. I almost starved at Reidsville. I hung out near main street during the Mayberry Days festival this past weekend riding tallbikes and my swingbike around and got some more people interested, so this might be a good turnout. Hope to see you guys there. And I'll remember to bring those springer forks too, bikes4life. I don't usually bring much to sell. And I won't have many vintage parts, but definitely some goodies for the ratrod crowd.

Back