some newbie questions and help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just had a few questions
i was going to buy a Micargi Puma GTS 26' bike thats a base model and i am wondering the strength of the frame.. i am a fat dude about 6 foot tall and 300 pounds, i just dont want it to break while cruising..
i want to have fat tires on the bike. where do i get them at? any sites?
i also want to make a suicide shifter. are there any kits? or the best way to do this..
whats a good seat for comfort?
i want to mount speakers to the bars. is there a place i can snag one up?
ive only been on this site for a few days.. im a H.A.M.B member, i have a 1953 buick all custom..
i just want to cruise the car shows in style...

thanx for any help

Almasinfe said:
i just had a few questions
i was going to buy a Micargi Puma GTS 26' bike thats a base model and i am wondering the strength of the frame.. i am a fat dude about 6 foot tall and 300 pounds, i just dont want it to break while cruising..
i want to have fat tires on the bike. where do i get them at? any sites?
i also want to make a suicide shifter. are there any kits? or the best way to do this..
whats a good seat for comfort?
i want to mount speakers to the bars. is there a place i can snag one up?
ive only been on this site for a few days.. im a H.A.M.B member, i have a 1953 buick all custom..
i just want to cruise the car shows in style...

thanx for any help

Cheapest place for tires is
http://www.junkyrustybikes.net/index.ph ... d3c7sm4pj3

Suicide shifters are not all that hard I took a stock shifter and modified it on a grinder and used a golf club stock and dollar store bag of skulls

P9020035.jpg

P9050064.jpg

As far as seats go Brooks or Wright's english sadles are the best of the best but can be expensive. for cheap seats these ain't bad though

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/index.php/c ... be0cd45c81

You picked the one bike ,that I have seen heavier people bend. The back triangle is the weak link on that frame. I might try something else.

Thanks guys,
after about 3 hours of using the search option on the site I found that macagi or however it's spelled is in fact the worst thing I could buy.. I found a dyno on CList for $250 but I'm going to see if I can talk em down..
Also for the shifter I saw one on here that I want to copy :) it's brass knuckles but I don't know how and what it's mounted to.

I'd recommend some old steel 8) and some elbow grease. Or you could check Craigslist for a Workmans in good shape.
If your heart's set on something new an Electra has a frame big enough for a grown man unlike the department store bikes, but since I've only test ridden one I don't know how they hold up in the long run.

I have not heard nor read one good thing on those Micargi bikes.

Back