"Some big Pee Wee Herman looking bike"????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work with an older guy (well older than me) who found out that I like old bicycles. I brought one to the shop I work at one day and he couldn't stop talking about all of the old bikes he used to have. He told me that he was going back home (mid-west) soon and he wanted to bring me this old 50s Pee Wee Herman looking bike that was in a barn on his families property. Said the chrome looked perfect and all it needed the last time he saw it was tires and tubes. :?:

So at this point I'm expecting him to bring back an 80s cruiser (this guy will bring back what ever he's talking about...just what it is who knows). I try to not get my hopes up..but maybe....????

Sure would be nice if it really was some sort of an old bike. My bikes are together and I need a new project. :p

keep us updated! Sounds like a really cool guy. 8)

He is a stand up guy and does what he says. He "will" bring me something back...just what it really is...who knows. You guys know, you get those flakey stories that never pan out like you thought. Oh well...at least I'll get something. Good or bad.

I had kind of the same story and I ended up with this
003046.jpg
[/url]
So dreams do come true.

best of luck!
same story with my chief, and he brought me this bike the next day!
so, I clear coated it..... :mrgreen:
100_2061.jpg

npence said:
I had kind of the same story and I ended up with this
003046.jpg
[/url]
So dreams do come true.
NPence:
God my heart skips a beat every time I see that bike, It is beautiful. I still like my Hercules Board-tracker.

Predfan:
Whatever it is, it's a free bike. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I got an old guy saying he's got one in his attic that I'm waiting on. Good luck to you.

sweet! hopefully its something cool! when i read you post i instantly thought of these huffy made coca cola bikes produced in the 80s sometime. i could see the everyday joe comparing it to peewees bike and thinkin its a classic. but who knows! could be a sweet jem like npences score of a lifetime :mrgreen:
http://www.dezercollection.com/1990-coc ... -c-641.htm

i have stopped getting my hopes up on people telling me they have "old" bikes they want to sell. the majority of the people around here think old means a ten year old hunk of junk wally world mountain bike that wasn't worth the 80bucks they paid for it when it was new! :lol: oh well, there may be that "one" out there! :wink:

Well my buddy is heading home this weekend and tells me he'll grab all of the bikes there for me. He also told me there are a few larger bikes that have skinny tires but are single speed...not sure what those may be. I'm really hoping there is something there for my next project....old bikes are a little hard to come by around here. Granted there are plenty of projects on ebay but shipping costs on most of the 26" stuff sorta makes them not so economical.

Another friend told me about a "bicycle junkyard" of sorts here at a local metal yard. The scrap yard throws all of the bikes that come there into one big pile. I checked it out and there were like 100 Wallyworld caliber mtn bikes and 20'rs. I did see a cool excersize bike that had some cool apes and a retro looking seat....I may go back and get it since they sell the stuff for scrap rates.

Back