Some Bars I made yesterday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I needed a new look for the Sacramento Cyclefest Bike show coming up next month on the 17th. So I decided to make some new bars. Here is what I came up with. I hope you all like them. What I like about these bars is I can make them fatter, taller, basically any size I like or you like. For the right price. I will Tig weld them for a nice small and clean weld. Blue

bars001.jpg

new001-1.jpg

new2003.jpg

new2006.jpg

new2007.jpg

new2004-1.jpg

The Bars came to 19" tall
new2008-1.jpg

I HAD SOME DUDE ASK WHAT YEAR MY REAPER WAS .I TOLD HIM A 2011.THEN HE ASKED WHAT DID IT START OUT AS ?I TOLD HIM TUBES ON THE SHELF.THEN HE SAID YOU MADE IT ,WHAT ABOUT THE BARS ?IT DOES FEEL GOOD WHEN YOU CAN SAY I MADE IT .KEEP IT UP MATT YOU WILL BUILD A FULL FRAME .I GET PEOPLE WHO WANT ME TO CHOP ON FRAMES FOR THEM ,BUT IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT TO ME .I CAN BUILD A FULL FRAME IN THE SAME TIME.FOR ME IT IS GOING BACKWARDS.I WOULD RATHER THINK ABOUT WHAT FRAME I WANT TO DO NEXT.

Fireproof said:
Wow! Nice work on the bars!
Hope to meet ya in person next "second Saturday". 8)
Fireproof your funny. I will be in Sac from the7th to the 17th, so you will be seeing me the second Saturday Playa and at Cyclefest. Thanks for the compliment.Your boy Big Blue loves the green 8)

Lake Tahoe is the second deepest lake in the United States and the tenth deepest in the world, with a maximum depth measured at 1,645 ft (501 m), average depth of 1,000 ft (305 m)

Cool .
Kinda like the Frisco Choppers thing :) :) Look great

Soo did ya use the bridgport to make the fishmouths or another system & I bet ya had fun orienting all the pieces.
How long did it take ya to build em ?? 1 setting or many ??
Stephen / Wingman

Wingman said:
Cool .
Kinda like the Frisco Choppers thing :) :) Look great

Soo did ya use the bridgport to make the fishmouths or another system & I bet ya had fun orienting all the pieces.
How long did it take ya to build em ?? 1 setting or many ??
Stephen / Wingman
Thanks WINGMAN! I used a hole saw and my drill press to do the fishmouths. Orientating everything ws easy as the bars are flat so tacking them up was cake. I had two jigs I used to cut the tubes.About four hours to make and an hour to grind down the welds. You will see them tomorrow at the second Saturday ride. Blue loves green. Pedal on my friend. People know me as Blue or as Tahoe. :lol:

Back