so I bought some dudes stuff from his angry ex-wife...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....I guess he left her, and in doing so left this stuff behind.

I was all excited when I saw the star crank on the yellow AMF Roadmaster....until I got home & realized it was a 24 inch frame (short cranks & pedals - .... it...).

score.jpg

So basically I got a few bikes and a bucket of parts on the cheap....

Any info on this green bike...."Firestone Vagabond"???? Looks like 70's or 80's lettering on the top tube "featherweight".

vagabond.jpg

vagabond2.jpg

And the AMF??? Looks prettyy 60's to me.... Anyone know for sure??? The badge on the head tube is metal and the fenders are the "peaked" looking ones...

I also got an "American" straight-bar single-speed cruised with a bendix 70 rim, so probably an early 70's cruiser??

Cool find. What he said about the fix on the star chainring. Just put it on another crank.

I have one of those AMF Star chainrings on my BEER RUN build off bike.

my buddy got a 63 vette basket case for 2 grand from some guys estranged wife.. all there just needed putting back together!! :shock:

AT LEAST WE KNOW HE WASN'T A TRUE RATTER. SHE COULD KEEP THE HOUSE, DOG AND THE TV,BUT NOT THE BIKES!! :mrgreen: PEACE

Green bike is a Ross, and that's the cranks and sprocket for it laying next to it.

Back