So I Bought A Bike At The Swap Meet Today :\

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have no clue what year it is... As usual... A compulsive buy but I had to have it, def. something I plan on restoring completely or making into an army bike.

here's a picture of it, it's a western flyer:
IMG00319.jpg

Nice bike! What size wheels does it have? 24 or 26? You have any better pics of the tank and head badge?

Joe

Good to meet you and your boyfriend? today at the swap meet.

I'm guessing that one isn't for Mom? :lol: :lol:

Too bad they don't hold that swap meet twice a year, it's pretty cool.

Rat Rod said:
Good to meet you and your boyfriend? today at the swap meet.

I'm guessing that one isn't for Mom? :lol: :lol:

Too bad they don't hold that swap meet twice a year, it's pretty cool.

haha, yeah that was my boyfriend.
this one is his project.

we did actually find my mom a very nice western flyer with a great tank of it & she loves it!
i've just noticed that i've got a week to finish my bike for next weekends show and i'm getting really nervous!
hopefully we'll have it all finished in time.

I made it out there this morning, but didn't buy anything. Some nice bikes, some old bikes, but nothing that I both needed and could afford and could fit.

Cool bike! I got out there about 9:30, I also did not bring anything home. The parting words from my wife this morning involved sleeping in the shed if I brought home another bike. She just does'nt understand.

my boyfriend was the one who didn't want to take me cause he knows how I am when I get around things I really want but he eventually caved and we got there about noon and I made him buy this bike and another western flyer that I surprised my mom with cause she was so bitter that she didn't have an old cruiser.

this is what I got her, I love the tank, the body is in really good condition. we're going to put another headlight on the front and leave it original.
AND we just made more room in our two sheds so I may be doing some more buying the next time I see something I've gotta have :lol:
IMG00320.jpg

and thank you for the picture! that bike is simply stunning! I'm not sure what my boyfriend wants to do, he's talking about making it into an army bike but I would love to do an actual restoration!

The restored one is great, but that one is a Monark Rocket badged as a Western Flyer. If you look closely, you will see it isn't the same bike as the one in this thread.

Crassly said:
The restored one is great, but that one is a Monark Rocket badged as a Western Flyer. If you look closely, you will see it isn't the same bike as the one in this thread.
Don't know how I missed that. I just seen the same rocket car graphic and assumed it was the same bike.
Thanks for clarifying that Crassly.

hmmm, i see it now...

well crap! :cry:

i'd like to figure out the year of this bike and i've been searching high and low on the internet and have had no luck... I guess I just need to keep on looking.

I'm 5'3" aswell and he's about 5'8", we aren't very tall.
He's more into bmx bikes but he bought this bike to make me happy but after it's all said and done i'll most likely be the one riding it which i'm totally fine with.
:D

Your moms cruiser should clean up real nice. Dont look like it needs much.

And I just love the natural patina of the Western Flyer, if it was mine I definetly would not paint it. Just clean it up, refurb the mechanicals and spray a light coat of clear to seal it.

But... if you restore it, it would look awesome too! So I would say either way you go, you got a winner!

Ratfink1962 said:
Your moms cruiser should clean up real nice. Dont look like it needs much.

And I just love the natural patina of the Western Flyer, if it was mine I definetly would not paint it. Just clean it up, refurb the mechanicals and spray a light coat of clear to seal it.

But... if you restore it, it would look awesome too! So I would say either way you go, you got a winner!

I really love my mom's bike, we're actually going to jut get her a new seat cause she says the one she has hurts her bum and she's trying to con me into giving her the seat off my cruiser... HAHA, not gonna happen!
& the western flyer... ideas are still up in the air, i'm still trying to figure out the round about year of it but it's my boyfriends bike and I think he really wants to leave it completely rat!
8)

Back