so another build w/my stepson this time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so first before anyone goes crazy the frame we started with is just a regular lowrider frame not a schwinn frame cut the seat tube and made a wooden insert sanded it and stained today and also painted it navy blue let me know what u guys think i think its comeing alog pretty good

heres how it started
DSC02200.jpg

after cuting the seat post
DSC02201.jpg

stripping the paint and with the wooden insert
DSC02205.jpg

now after paint and hanging on our spray paint tree all the colors its such a nice tree
DSC02209-1.jpg

ive been wondering it i could do that to a frame, i guess i know now! like the fomoco blue color as well. keep on keepin on

well my stepson only weights about 80lbs wet so im sure he will be ok the welds up top actually look pretty good so im sure it will be ok i guess time will tell thanks for all the positive coments going to get brackets to mount the wood today and get the crank on and whatever else we can get on it i have to order the bent springer front end but will get everything i can on it

so another successful day got a good bit done cleaned all the bearing cups but on the crank seat cut down the seatpost and also mounted my wood insert with one of my old belts looks pretty good will be orderinghis bent springer hopefully this week all that left is to paint the stem blue the one i have is rusty white heres what she is looking like now

DSC02223.jpg

ok so me and my stepson are super stoked meet a guy tommorrow for the springer front end the bike will be put all together tommorrow cant wait

Looking Good! I like the wide open frame 8)

ok so the bike is done besides it needs a chain went to 3 places and have not been able to find one he is upset he really wanted to ride it today we will get it in the morning let me know what u think

DSC02227.jpg

my stepson w/his blue lowrider and my son w/his green muscle bike what u guys think

DSC02230.jpg

Very cool, boys will remember these customs forever! :D

thanks guys now i need to get something goin for my daughter and im in the middle of three of my own builds here are two or my babys that im working on now

DSC00885.jpg

this one will stay this way besides getting a new tires the rear worn threw the tire but truley love this bike

DSC01407.jpg

also working on a speedster thats going to be my tailgate bike you will see my ideas and the start very soon

You've not only created a pair of awesome bikes but some fantastic childhood memories right there. My daughter still remembers her pink chrome fendered pixie cruiser that I built her and she was 5! She still talks about it at 21. :)

Back