Snow Biking Season in Georgia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rare occasion in Metro Atlanta. Had to go snap some pictures for you guys!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390935568.450187.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390935602.542937.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390935624.032950.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390935681.343089.jpg

Cool pics.
We are supposed to be getting an ice storm tonight with a chance of snow in the morning (hasn't snowed here since 89) here in Savannah. It's crazy, because it was 71 yesterday.

it's been a cold winter here in CT. woke many mornings to minus temps.

What happened to Global warming? Why isn't anyone concerned about Global Cooling??
I've read up on what the majority of scientists and climatologists agree on. As the average global temperature rises, there are wild swings of weather in both directions, and lots of unusual storms, etc. Which does seem to agree with the hotter summers we've been having, along with the current polar vortex. Of course, naysayers are jumping on the recent cold to disprove global warming, despite it being a result of climate change. Ok, class dismissed! -Adam

Same storm, different state.
We were expecting only a dusting of snow here in N.E. Alabama but got much more!

Went out to ride with the kids and broke the chain on my hybrid (trying to wheelie for the camera:rolleyes:) so I got the Southern Flyer out.

Here's a couple of pix:
886c31c7-0888-4508-8260-db684cc56a12_zps615e9f2e.jpg

100_6409_zps8e3d0175.jpg

I'm sure you Northerners aren't impressed, but we only get this once or twice every year or two!:cool:

So where is the Southern Flyer Wheelie photo!!!!

So where is the Southern Flyer Wheelie photo!!!!
It's funny that you asked because my wife (taking the pictures) asked if I was going to do it again after I swapped bikes. I declined. :chicken:

It took me 4 hours and 40 minutes to get home today. BTW, I live 15 miles from work, just stupid.

Wow, you could've walked home faster than that!o_O

It was 71 yesterday, predicted first snow in 25 years tomorrow morning, followed by 75 degrees by Sunday.

Not all scientists agree by any means. Opalek is a professor emeritus. Gary

Charles S. Opalek, PE

Here are the facts on Temperatures, CO2, GGE and AGW:

Temperatures
For the last 600,000,000 years temperatures have hovered around 10C about 14% of the time, around 25C about 50% of the time, and somewhere in between 36% of the time. Right now we are at 14.4C, about 29% above the bottom of the historical range. (Ref: Dr. Christopher R. Scotese‘s PALEOMAP Project at http://www.scotese.com/climate.... We are no where near any temperature tipping point.
The 0.4C rise in temperature since the Industrial Revolution pales in comparison to the 1.6C increase of the Medieval Warming Period, the 2.5C increase of the Roman WP, and the 3.2C increase of the Minoan WP using the IR as a baseline. The average temperature has been declining for the last 6,000 years of the present 10,500 year Interglacial Warmup. (Alley, R.B. 2000, The Younger Dryas cold interval as viewed from central Greenland, Quaternary Science Reviews, 19:213-226.) We are at the very end of the present Interglacial. After this comes about 90,000 years of snow, ice, advancing glaciers and probably the loss of life of billions of people. Enjoy the warmth while you can.

All fun and games aside, people are actually stuck in rush hour traffic still this morning. A lot of people stranded and hungry.

Keep Metro Atlanta in your thoughts and prayers.

Glad you got home Rob

my brother moved to GA from NJ over the summer. he called me a couple times yesterday in disbelief. schools called him that the kids were getting out at 1:45, but for whatever reason he said he got the call at 1:55. he went to try to take a ride to pic up 2 from one school and traffic was awful. the other one was getting out around the same time but hes older and was willing to wait for the bus. it took the bus over 2 hours to bring his girls to the stop. while I was on the phone with him, his son called saying the bus probably wasn't going to make it back to the school till about 6:30. he got mad and went to get him. he text me pictures of cars just stuck, parked all over the place in the middle of the streets and stuff. he did send me a pic of a girl driving a 64 impala 4 door in the snow.

Latest posts

Back