SNEEKI TIKI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm officially Jealous!

Cold here,just had 14 dumptruck loads of sand delivered to the front yard along with 8 palms,didn't help- love that ride!!!makes me wanna get a ticket and bring one of my rollers down there,me thinks it'll be a long winter.Kudos to you for for a cool beachcomber.Ride fast!!

i LOVE this thing, wish I was your buddy :( .. what type of paint did you use, that cant be rattle can, can it? And a quick question, why did you tape off the spokes? over spray? ...

and what size wheels are on it, I found a dyno glide frame on ebay but I wont bid till I know it fits 24s, 26s.

really a fine ride. is the tiki atop the rear wheel the same as the one used for the antenna toppers? I have it somewhere around in my garage waiting to be used on a tiki bike someday but can't find it right now.

nice job Poppa..............so how did you get the bamboo to stay in place in the tank fill area??

Oldskool13

I oftened wondered about taping off spokes to paint wheels would turn out, it looks great. The colors are great but I would be concerned about clearance and scuffing up those nice pedals. I once destroyed a nice pair of AS pedals riding with a bent springer. Really cool bike though, Ride On

johnpsmith said:
I oftened wondered about taping off spokes to paint wheels would turn out, it looks great. The colors are great but I would be concerned about clearance and scuffing up those nice pedals. I once destroyed a nice pair of AS pedals riding with a bent springer. Really cool bike though, Ride On

there are some great tips on masking off spokes in the how to section ... just a thought

I just wanted to chime in with the others to say how awesome this bike looks. I love the story behind it, which makes it all that much cooler.

Someone may have asked upthread, but I was wondering about that paint you used for the frame...the green/gold color. Was that from a can, or do you have a gun and do your own mixing? I was curious because I was at Wal-Mart a few days ago looking at their spray paint (I'm an exciting, live-on-the-edge kinda guy...what can I say? :p ) and I saw a "new" color from Rustoleum called Metallic Sage that looked great; a nice, light lime green/gold with just a skootch of sparkle/metallic shimmer to it. I was wondering what that would look like on something...

In any case, rattle-can or spray gun, that's an amazing job! The green and copper combo, the rope, cork and bamboo accents, the seat, the tires, etc. It just "works", and sets a tone (without beating you over the head with it). Very nice!

I think this might be my favorite bike of all time......seriously, my kinda style. :wink:
Siesta Key is a great place to pimp a bike like that too. Unbelievable job!
It looks like there is a little black tab holding in the wood towards the front of the frame.....is that right? I've just got mine wedged in there nice 'n snug, seems to work alright.
:mrgreen:
love it
love it
love it

Of all the bikes built here (and all have been GREAT!) This bike has been in the back of my head for a very long time!!!!!

with your permission I would "very much!" like to build a bike just like this one :mrgreen: In your honour of course....but I have a few more add on's to put on

hope this is cool with you and I will be sure to show the build as it goes!

thanks Firewalker :D :D

Back