Slightly stretched sex change

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with a ladies westpoint frame I had laying next to my garage for a few years now. I've dreamt about what to do with this thing every day with my first cigarette and coffee of the morning, staring at it.
bike005.jpg

Some of the things I didn't photo document was how I got that tire on the back, I cut the bottom support brace that held the chain stays apart off, and stretched the chain stays out 3 inches wider than I needed it with a piece of scrap tubing, then I re-welded a new piece of flat stock steel onto the bottom of the chain stays behind where the kickstand goes. When I pulled the scrap tube out, it was stretched out just far enough to give me about 1/4" on each side of the rear tire inside the chain stays.
That's all the farther I've got with it right now, I still need to bend a seat post, find a seat to cover, get some bars and do some finish assembly on it.

that is sweet!

Very cool. Reminds me of this bike I saw at a bike/minibike show over the winter:
IMG_2017.jpg

bikeriderx said:
Sick! I never would have thought of having the top tube curve up so much...Awesome!!
I was thinking about making some drag bars that followed the same bend as the top tube, but I'm 6'5" tall, and I like to sit up while I ride, so ape hangers it is, I guess.

ditto on the rams horns. maybe even ape hanger rams horns.

Bent up a solid steel seat post today, put on some rusty (for now) handlebars and covered an old ten speed seat in ostrich. Here's the seat, when the paint is good to go on the seat post, I'll post more pics.
ostrich001.jpg

Back