slicks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't found any yet.

How cool would it be if someone could produce one with a sidewall that looks like this!

DSCN0984sml.JPG

Call Memory Lane, my buddy picked up a 26inch slick from them at Indy. They said that the tires are for horse racing carts. I don't know how many they have though, I think he gave $30 for one.

I don't know if you mean a larger version of Stingray slicks or just slicks. A Slick that I like, in a 26, is Bontrager Hank and Big Hank. The big Hank really fills in those old Balooner fenders.

you can buy 20inch whitewall slicks.........I dont know abot 26 inch slicks, I saw a 24 in. slick on ebay once.

stephen, wow cool site had no idea there were so many types of tires, truly amazing! I only saw a few slicks, and none were what I'm looking for, but I really liked the "Maxxis High Roller Semi Slick", and the "Schwalbe Road Cruiser" very cool!

Danimal,thanks, but that's not it either, that is neat, but too "track bike" looking for my greasy builds.

No Talent Clown, yes, larger Stingray slicks! Exactly - the more squared-off, super smooth, wide ones (or that's how I remember them).

No tread, or lines or any pattern or anything, and would be cool to have fat red stripe on side (now Im dreaming).... I'll keep looking..

I'll call memory lane...

horse cart for whoever is up north...
http://dayton.craigslist.org/grd/567529899.html

it is funny you showed that pic to the forum steve. awhile back i got to meet the second in command guy from schwinn north america and wow what a cool guy. we rambled back and forth for a good hour or two then i showed him the lucky 7 and he loved it. i also mentioned how cool it would be to make either a 24 or 26" squared off slick like that and he went "hmmmmmmmmm" so there may be hope yet.

yeah, that would be cool! even better would be Goodyear or Coker making them, so they don't say "Schwinn" on the side :lol: :lol:

I found one 26" tire that is kind of cool at horse buggy place, $24.00 each, but not right for what I want...
tire_03.JPG

Here is an example of the tire I am looking for in 26" - whote wall, or red stripe, or just black....
tire_01.JPG

This is just a random cool looking tire I saw while surfin'
tire_02.JPG

Tires on horse cart above are 26 X 2.125 size.
They are $24.00 each.
They sais they are not pictured on the web site, so you will have to call to order.
Ask for "Ken"...

Ken & Cynthia Porter
9219 99th Ave
Arlington, Washington 98223 USA
Phone: 360-653-7928
Fax: 360-653-7928
Estate Horse Supply
http://www.horsecarts.com

kingplinker said:
hey cool, those arent too bad!

I have a question, how do I know what 700c fits? is that 26" ? for that matter I did find a lot of cool tires out there, but not sure what conversions are for inches...
They won't fit 26". 700c is a roadbike tire designation which equals the 29 inch MTB tire.

tioga comp pool, and comet primo are real slicks, not the square "feux" racing slicks that the old stingrays used. gravitybikers use em and recumbent riders also. they are high pressuer narrow real slicks, but ive never seen 'em in whitewall or bigger than a 20" then again ive never looked. i would imagine they come bigger. if ya looked into road bikes tires im sure you would not look far before finding really nice slicks, just not whitewall. if ya poke around there is a suprising variety to be found in bicycle tires.
fast eddie outty

Back