slapped this together today.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it turned out pretty kewl. gonna ride it around at a couple car shows next week. its supposed to be the winter project, but needed somthing to ride for the time being. The wheels I robbed of mt 38 tandem, till i get time to lace up a set. It will still be a winter resto project though.

early30s2.jpg

early30s.jpg

Rode it around most of the day yesturday, at a rat rod themed Car show from
the 'Sins of Steel' club here in Michigan. It rides great, the headset is pretty shot and the forks need to be replaced, but should be good for summer. Will get some rims and tires on it next week or so. Gotta lace up some pyramid rims, robbed my 38 colson tandem rims and tires for the weekend. Anyone got any late 20's early middle 30's forks they want to get rid of? Need a prewar headset in good shape too. The fork tube is really short on this bike. Oh, and wide, wanna put some fat franks on it.
Was thinking Elgin here too, but the badge area on the front looks like it had a totally different badge then an elgin fromthis area. Badge screw holes are verticle and farther apart than scwhinn badges o the time.

Oh, forgot, I brought it down to Detroit last night.  Some friends in the local art community are using It in a 1920's themed film short project for bikesmut.com. Lol

Back