"SLAP" together Flightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to go on the New London ride next week....UH OH.........My wife doesn't have an "appropriate" bike! So I'm "SLAPPING" together a Flightliner for her. This should be the ugliest, RATTIEST bike there.....She said she'd ride it. I've got other plans for this frame, but it'll work out for now...............Just gotta finish tweaking the fork, almost done bending and shaping, then assemble. :roll:

003-10.jpg

002-22.jpg

sensor said:
hmmm........
shoulda kept the silver queen for her
but im sure thisll turn out good :mrgreen:

I liked Silver Queen!.....But being a girls bike there was just to much "flex" in the frame, and she didn't feel comfortable riding it..........So now she gets to ride THIS :lol: ........FOR NOW

Rat Rod said:
Always love KOTA's signature forks. :mrgreen:

Graylock said:
Looks cool ! Are you going to give it a quick rattle can paint job? Neon pink would be good :shock: !
I don't paint bikes PINK!..........I paint them WATERMELON. (Krylon)

KOTA said:
..My wife doesn't have an "appropriate" bike! So I'm "SLAPPING" together a Flightliner for her. This should be the ugliest, RATTIEST bike there....

Looks professionally assembled to me. :D

Did some work on it tonight. That's a 24' in the front, sorta "Snot Rocket"ish (can't help it, I like em like that). Banana seat and sissy bar are from the now dead Silver Queen...............I got a real nice "Z"eat post from ej599, just couldn't get it to fit. It's getting about .0030 machined off, if I get it back in time I'll put that on for the weekend, with a conventional seat. Anyway, it rolls and rides. She said she'll ride it, but it looks like crap.......I keep telling her "It's supposed to LOOK like that". :roll: .........Just gotta mount a light, in the old front hand brake hole

001-24.jpg

002-23.jpg

Graylock said:
Aren't you afraid she ditch you for that bike. Man.... I would!

GL

:wink:
Maybe, AFTER I paint it!
:lol:

Here's a pic for comparison...The "rust" one sits a lot lower then stock. Fork is bent with a 24 inch combo up front. The only difference is SNOT ROCKET has a Fork with a much greater bend.

006-7.jpg

This is "THE" favorite bike!....Doesn't look like much..But is the most comfortable, and best handling bike I have. My wife uses it, I use it and here my daughter is using it on a short ride with my youngest grandaughter.....I'm tired of trying to re-invent the bicycle (doesn't say much for my building ability, when the BEST bike I have took me an hour to do!) :roll:

001-23.jpg

Back