Skyway muscle bikes???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Skyway muscle bike and would like to know all I can about these bikes. Does anyone have any info, pics, or literature on Skyway banana bikes? There are very few of them out there but someone has to know something. Any help is appreciated. I will post pics when it arrives. Thanks

Tommy

Bridgestone tire dealers sold Skyway banana seat bikes around 1969 & 1970

Dorian

I have this poor pic of a Skyway at Cycle Smithy bike shop here in Chicago....The sissybar is Huge has a back rest.
cyclesmithy010.jpg

And there happens to be one in Minneapolis
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/b ... 98543.html

looks like a nice bike!

The purple one is very very close to what I bought. At least now I know what the chain guard should look like. Mine has the checkered headbadge like these but mine is a decal which I suspect makes it newer than these. Thanks for the help guys. The picture is worth a thousand words this time for sure.

After a double check of the pics, mine does have an actual head badge not a decal. There are a couple slight differences between the purple one and my red one. Here is a link to the one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

Here is the update...

No bike yet! It is okay really. The seller has been in contact with me and let me know the packing and shipping went slow. It is supposed to be here tomorrow (Monday 4/4/11). I plan on doing a quick clean and reassembly for now. I will have it ridable and clean by Weds. with pics.

I have another bike coming this week as well. It is an early 70's girls Iverson Drag Stripper 3 speed. I hope to have that one together this week too. I need to lace up a replacement rear wheel and find a front fender for it. It is actually a bike for my wife. At least that is what I tell her :lol: I have though about giving the bike a sex change since i can not afford any of the boys Drag Strippers that come up for sale. More to come on that one too.

Well, the Skyway bike came in on Monday as planned. It is actually a bit nicer than I had anticipated. Other than a couple missing parts and a major clean up this bike is pretty nice. I will try to get some pics out in the Sun tomorrow.

I am still waiting on the Iverson. I hope that makes it here soon.

531228_3349813394410_173089908_n.jpg

1969 skyway ,i just got this one, :mrgreen: it was made in Japan and sold by bridgstone tire co. i dont have much more info than that

Back