SKULL SKATES MONARK BOMBER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
PD from Skull Skates sent me some pics of his latest creation....an aluminum Monark Silver King done up in typical PD fashion...i.e. very cool. :wink:

IMG_9476_1.jpg

IMG_9478_1.jpg

IMG_9480_1.jpg

IMG_9485_1.jpg

IMG_9487.jpg

IMG_9489_1.jpg

IMG_9491_1.jpg

IMG_9492_1.jpg

IMG_9476_1.jpg

Definitely one of the coolest frames ever, and done up very cool! 8)

the rims are o.g. 26" mongoose pro class rims laced to sealed bearing alloy single speed freewheel sturmey archer hubs with dt stainless spokes. i used the pro class rims to highlight the bulbous space styling of the silver king, was stoked to find a red anodized chainwheel with holes that kinda matched, also had the custom chromoly forks built by my fabricator/ frame builder finished in a powder coated raw aluminum color to match the frame...was going to polish the frame but in the end stuck with the patina as found with a little clean up, couple of other details like the sst dirt skirt on the headset, o.g. rubber lever boots on the dia compe levers etc....fun bike to ride, very long wheelbase rolls like a cruise ship! headlamp is a vintage "lucifer" brand which am in the process off converting the guts to a modern l.e.d. set up, hoping to do the same for the bumble bee tail light.

Back