Skipton's random photos.... January 26th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skipton's Gallery and Random Photos

You've herd of the walk of shame
How about the drive home of shame?
image-5_zps658db028.jpg

Friday is my off day, run all my errands with the van,
After dropping the kids at school.
Went and got the bike

Onewheelsqueel said:
I see the problem, yer bars are upside down.

:lol:

:D :D My kids say they are going to join the site,
And use the username Skiptonturnyourbarsrightsideup! :) :D

Hey all,
Not to intrude but I just stumbled across this AWESOME site today trying to find a winter build project. Been viewing a few of the posts and couldn't help but stop to say hey. Great C-Town photos with the rides along Lake Michigan. Happy to see some are still riding this time of year. I can relate as I'm right up on Lake Erie here near Cleveland and most of the bike lanes are empty these days, (or full of snow). Today was great though...60 degrees in January in Ohio!!!! I had to share the lanes again.
Hope you don't mind me swinging by to say Hi!
Love the Blue X. What frame is that? Looking to do an aviation themed build on a frame similar to that.
Thanks for letting me stop in!
Scott

Yeah, bummer about the Monark and about having to carry it home in the van
Great Icy water shots though :D
Know you'll put the fork to good use eventually

Thanks Guys!

cameraboy5 said:
Hey all,
Not to intrude but I just stumbled across this AWESOME site today trying to find a winter build project. Been viewing a few of the posts and couldn't help but stop to say hey. Great C-Town photos with the rides along Lake Michigan. Happy to see some are still riding this time of year. I can relate as I'm right up on Lake Erie here near Cleveland and most of the bike lanes are empty these days, (or full of snow). Today was great though...60 degrees in January in Ohio!!!! I had to share the lanes again.
Hope you don't mind me swinging by to say Hi!
Love the Blue X. What frame is that? Looking to do an aviation themed build on a frame similar to that.
Thanks for letting me stop in!
Scott

Thanks Scott and WELCOME!

I love riding all year long, one of the best things about winter is having the bike path all
to myself :D

Thanks for the props on BlueX
It started as a 3 speed Schwinn Suburban

The before pic....
100_5055.jpg

Check out the build here....
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26173&hilit=+BlueX

Skip

Awesome build thread and thanks for the info. Just spent the last two hours going through some of the build-off threads and WOW... Some really good work out there. Do you know anyone on this site who might be from the northern ohio area?
Would love to hook up with others in my area with this same interest. I can't believe I haven't heard of this site before. What a great day!
Thanks again

Skip, awesome thread! You remind me of the USPO motto! "Rain, Sleet or Snow etc." You ride in the best and the worst. Some of your greatest pics are the winter ones in my opinion! You my friend, are a lot braver than I. I am sure you have enough worthy pics to produce a calendar of your own! Keep them coming! 8)

Thanks Pick!!!!!

I like taking the pics almost as much as building and riding the bikes.

I agree some of the best rides and pics are on so called "Bad weather" days.

Thanks for looking!

Great pic again!
I know it was cold there today. I flew through ORD this morning on my way down to Raleigh NC. Just walking through the jetway for a few seconds sent a chill. Same in Cleveland. This past weekend we had 65 degree temps and a great weekend to ride and when I talked with my wife this afternoon she said the temps drop to 31. Oh well I should be home in two days and that weather will give me a good reason to get back in the shop and start building.
This is the look I'm going for. Found this bike in the build-off thread.
[/img]
threequarter_zps192269e8.jpg

and maybe someday this
IMG_8737_zps5c0179b5.jpg

If either one of these our your bikes, I hope you don't mind me barrowing some of your ideas. There will be a few changes.
Scott

Really Cool pictures Skipton!
Sounds like a cold commute :shock:
Mpls has had subzero wind chills lately so I've been sitting tight :(
Mid twenties coming soon for more riding :D

Temp was 7 degrees on the ride home.
Had a 12 mph headwind. Not to bad over all, sure did miss the bright sun from this morning.
Also I took the short route tonight... 5 miles not the 9 miles lake path route.

I will sleep well tonight

Back