Skip Tooth JC Higgins 24" Men's Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69326668@N08/6323163245/

Found this at an automotive swap meet yesterday in AZ. Came with an extra tube and tire, and a JC Higgins headbadge. I don't know much about old bikes but was told it was a JC Higgins. What do you guys think? Does it have potential? I think the handlebars are incorrect and needs a rear fender. If you guys have the originals please let me know. Do any of you guys have an idea of what model/year this JC Higgins is? Do any of you guys have worn/rusty/beat up accessories that you'd sell me that'd look good on this bike? I'm thinking headlight with generator or something like that, old saddle bag, old horn on handlebars, old bell on handlebars, maybe convert it to an antique tractor seat somehow, bike radio, bike cb receiver, anything cool beat up and old would be awesome on this bike because that's what it reminds me of.

Looks like a Higgins to me. Not all sears bikes had model names. I would guess late 40s, very early 50's since its a skip tooth. Has loads of potential. The bars aren't original and the seat looks like a womens seat. Other than the fender it looks to be all there. I'm sure you'll find all the parts you need here.

Latest posts

Back