Sissy bar building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old columbia playbike im restomoding it. I have had this since i was a kid i'll be 48 next month. Enough of that though. The sissy bar on it looks like a truck ran it over so i started looking online to buy one. Well i ended up buying some metal rod and im making one i have it started already 2 rods on each side with a 1 inch metal spacer welded inbetween where the bar bolts to the axle and seat. To make a long story short i am looking for ideas to finish it up its currently 36 inches tall im thinking 50 inches will be better.I guess what i wanted was a couple ideas on how to finish up the top of it. I dont want to go with a simple u shape on the top. Have you made one ? do you have an idea for one ? thanks for any input and or help. I can post pics if you would like to see what i've come up with. Thanks Rob.

go online and look up 70's style motorcycles. If my memory serves me correctly tall sissy bars were popular so you might see some examples there.

I did the point on the top... :roll:

IMG_20101129_211750.jpg

Back