Simone (72 Schwinn Suburban)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some wood work to my Schwinn (and some weight). Sinks like a stone down hill though. Enjoy.

DSC01463.jpg

Neat ride,i like your headlight,looks like a vintage Union made in Germany.I have one aswell and love it,the red tab on the top lights up when the headlight is on,looks cool at night.

Yup, it is a Union. I am having trouble with the rear light and the slight stiffness in the top part of the generator that touches the wheel. I found a bulb that fits in the rear, but when connected it dulls both lights. I love the light housing, but I may have to switch to a different power source.

I had this same problem, I belive iit's the bulbs, the rear one has to have a small bulb on it, i aint any use at remembering what kind but the glass is smaller then the front one. I have an army of these old lights so whenever I need a bulb i've been borrowing them from the lights lol

Also Nice suburban, I also own one, thats right, A canadian who owns a schwinn Suburban lol. mines black and has the FFS drive system. I havn't rode it yet but can't wait! thanks for the cleaver ideas!

Hsean said:
Also Nice suburban, I also own one, thats right, A canadian who owns a schwinn Suburban lol. mines black and has the FFS drive system. I havn't rode it yet but can't wait! thanks for the cleaver ideas!
The only other color I've seen it in is blue. I would love to see a pic of a black one!

deorman said:
Should be able to find a lower wattage bulb at Radio Shack. :|
That should have been the first place I looked. Gonna do that first thing tomorrow. I am in the process of finding a way to make the same light system battery powered. That dynamo feel like I've got the brake on.

It helps a little bit if you push a piece of heater hose over the rub wheel, and adjust/twist/bend the mounting clamp around so that it releases the spring a bit more before it hits the tire. Batteries are still easier. :wink: Even hub generators produce drag, especially when being drawn from.

Back