Silver King Hex Tube build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is my first build in a while. It's a 1948 Monark Silver King Hex Tube. My 1936 girls Silver King had to come apart to build the 48. The boys bike is a lot more stable than the girls.
I'm using a Bendix 2spd hub, 2.125 Brick back tire and a 1.50 front tire. Aluminum handle bars. Haven't decided what sprocket I'm going to use, thinking about going with an original sprocket. The chrome forks came off my Spaceliner. I may put a springer on it, but I'm really liking the chrome forks.
Kenny
img_3525.jpg

img_3526.jpg

img_3527.jpg

img_3528.jpg

img_3530.jpg

img_3530.jpg

img_3534.jpg

img_3535.jpg

img_3536.jpg

img_3537.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the great comments.
CeeBee, I can't believe someone would talk down about your Flocycle you did an awesome job bringing it back. I do have a couple bikes that have been put back stock, but to me all the beauty in bikes is the design of the frame, I can't see hiding the frame under all the add on's.
Kenny

I switched out the crank sprocket today for a 52 tooth Murray sprocket. Picked up a nickel plated chain to go with the polished look. I'm looking for a vintage red seat and handlebars to go with the red accents on the head tube.
Kenny
img_3542.jpg

img_3544.jpg

Thanks for the great comments.
Hopefully I'll go for my first ride tonight.
Kenny

I didn't have a chance to go for my first ride tonight, but I did get a chance to get a few pictures in the day light.
Kenny
img_3550.jpg

img_3548.jpg

img_3549.jpg

img_3551.jpg

Back