sidewinder 4/16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well got this yesterday
IMG_3846.jpg

Now it's this
IMG_3891.jpg

it took everything apart except the rear wheel
IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

cleaned up the chrome
IMG_3888.jpg

Re: sidewinder

That thing's cool...but I'd love to see you start in on that Russian looking bomber in the background

Hey are those DOT approved shoes to work on your bike? :D

Rat Rod said:
Did you use a chemical stripper to get that blue off or some other process?

I used jasco paint remover to get it like that. I thought they were anodized but it seemed that they were just sprayed kandy blue.

I got this blue seat a few days ago. I might be using it.
IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

Also got a bench grinder and tried polishing. I still need a little more work on it and some better rubbing compund and polish.
IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

Hey we need to go back to LA and get that guy to sell you that left side Maxy arm! I didnt know that was like the perfect one for your set!That seat came out nice.

wow that's bad as! radsicle! gonna single speed it? coloured tires? love the old bars, maybe you could squash them into that bmx stem.. it's just not done, I know

One thing you might consider doing is making the rims "shiny sides."

When rims like that have so much brake rub people end up taking really fine sand paper and sanding all of the excess anodizing off and then they polish the sides out until they have a mirror like finish.

This would have been the way shiny side rims would have looked from the factory...

f624_12.JPG

Araya-Rims.jpg

Rat Rod said:
One thing you might consider doing is making the rims "shiny sides."

When rims like that have so much brake rub people end up taking really fine sand paper and sanding all of the excess anodizing off and then they polish the sides out until they have a mirror like finish.

This would have been the way shiny side rims would have looked from the factory...

f624_12.JPG

Araya-Rims.jpg
What grit should i use? 1200 or higher?

Back